2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject is the question. Recently I applied the subject hack to my 2014 US market 3SGT (infotainment SW version 33.5) and had some mixed results with it, and would like to back it out. While the disclaimer nag screen time is greatly reduced once the car is moving, sometimes if I delay putting the car in drive or reverse for whatever reason after starting up, the nag screen pops up before I put the car in gear and just stays there - it won't go away until I acknowledge it. Very annoying.

As for how I did the hack, I used a USB to Ethernet adapter, and a wired connection to my router, got in via SSH (see mazda3hacks.com site), and applied the following commands per same website, since I'm on v33:

mount -o rw,remount /
chmod 755 /jci/gui/apps/system/js/systemApp.js
sed -i 's/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 3500/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 100/g' /jci/gui/apps/system/js/
systemApp.js (NOTE: This command was entered as one line; I may show up in multiple lines here)

Then I did a manual reboot of the infotainment system (hold Mute+NAV+Back until it reboots)

I would add that I successfully applied the "Disable touch screen speed restriction" hack from same website and it is working exactly as intended :smile2:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Subject is the question. Recently I applied the subject hack to my 2014 US market 3SGT (infotainment SW version 33.5) and had some mixed results with it, and would like to back it out. While the disclaimer nag screen time is greatly reduced once the car is moving, sometimes if I delay putting the car in drive or reverse for whatever reason after starting up, the nag screen pops up before I put the car in gear and just stays there - it won't go away until I acknowledge it. Very annoying.

As for how I did the hack, I used a USB to Ethernet adapter, and a wired connection to my router, got in via SSH (see mazda3hacks.com site), and applied the following commands per same website, since I'm on v33:

mount -o rw,remount /
chmod 755 /jci/gui/apps/system/js/systemApp.js
sed -i 's/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 3500/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 100/g' /jci/gui/apps/system/js/
systemApp.js (NOTE: This command was entered as one line; I may show up in multiple lines here)

Then I did a manual reboot of the infotainment system (hold Mute+NAV+Back until it reboots)

I would add that I successfully applied the "Disable touch screen speed restriction" hack from same website and it is working exactly as intended :smile2:
You should be able to reverse it by changing the sed command to:

Code:
sed -i 's/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 100/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 3500/g' /jci/gui/apps/system/js/
systemApp.js
But in my experience, the system just sometimes lags on the screen. I've never had it stay on when in reverse though. The backup camera seems to interrupt the infotainment screen immediately every time no matter what.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to reverse it by changing the sed command to:

Code:
sed -i 's/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 100/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 3500/g' /jci/gui/apps/system/js/
systemApp.js
But in my experience, the system just sometimes lags on the screen. I've never had it stay on when in reverse though. The backup camera seems to interrupt the infotainment screen immediately every time no matter what.
Thanks, seems easy enough! Now that I think of it, I haven't seen this problem in reverse - the backup camera seems to always interrupt the disclaimer screen, and if it does come back when I shift out of reverse, it goes away quickly after the hack. But if I don't drive off (forward) quick enough, sometimes the disclaimer screen hangs and won't go away until I acknowledge it now. It didn't do that before the hack was applied, although it did take a long time to go away on its own.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't done the hacks yet and my screen behaves like you describe.

Sometimes it just seems to stay on the nag screen until I dismiss it. I've always assumed it has something to do with the bluetooth connection to my phone, like if it's still updating contacts when it passes the normal time-out it just stays on screen until dismissed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts