2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mazda God
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was either planning on driving to a shop that's called HID Masters that sells and installs HID's and it would come around $100 for buying their kit and installing and it's free lifetime warranty

OR....

Order online on this new discovery Lumenux HID's. Does anyone know anything about Lumenux? I might buy their HID kit for 89 bucks plus shipping. And does anyone know if their products are worth buying? Because I tried looking them up on different forums and no one talks about them if they had any issues.

Here is the link to the HID kit I found online:

Lumenux™ 3000K Golden Yellow HID Xenon Conversion Kit CarGym.com

:chores015:

·
The Dark Knight
68 Posts
I haven't personally heard of them, but my recommendation would be the DDM HIDs. I've had the 55W set for over 3 years now and I haven't had any issues with them what so ever. I've had a 35W for my fog lights for quite a while now and they also work great. DDM has gotten rid of their old analog HIDS (Raptors) and instead only sell their digital slims now but I use them as my fogs and they are great. Best part: a 35W kit is $30.00 plus shipping, and was an easy install.

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

·
Registered
345 Posts
They are all cheap Chinese kits. Although some may never have issues with any of them, they are too ignorant about real HID systems to know the output and quality sucks

·
Mazda God
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't personally heard of them, but my recommendation would be the DDM HIDs. I've had the 55W set for over 3 years now and I haven't had any issues with them what so ever. I've had a 35W for my fog lights for quite a while now and they also work great. DDM has gotten rid of their old analog HIDS (Raptors) and instead only sell their digital slims now but I use them as my fogs and they are great. Best part: a 35W kit is $30.00 plus shipping, and was an easy install.

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits
I bought an HID kit from DDM a couple months ago... they suck I will never buy from them again. I ordered a 3000k HID kit from them and it turned out green... plain "green hornet" green. Did you buy yellow HID's from them?

:censored:

·
The Dark Knight
68 Posts
Oh I see, I purchased 6000k and 8000k bulbs from them. I would get into contact with them, they are pretty good (in my experience) with replacing faulty equipment. Or you can save money and use the ballasts you already bought and purchase bulbs elsewhere if they cannot give you true yellow ones. Their stuff has always been good to me though.

·
Mazda God
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya you can't go wrong with any other color except 3000k. I called them a month ago and they said I could buy a new set of replacement bulbs... but I declined currently looking for other brands :mad 1:

·
The Dark Knight
68 Posts
That sucks man...I wish you luck though.

Reactions: kmac_321
1 - 7 of 7 Posts