2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Android Auto can now be retrofitted to existing 3;s (such as my '16) but it costs a few hundred dollars. I already have navigation and Bluetooth--what would I gain that would be worth the money?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Depends on what you want out of your system. For me, all I care about is music from my USB drive and the ability to make phone calls. I'm quite happy with the standard system so very little to gain. However, on the odd occasion I need a GPS the AA system is amazing. This is mostly because I was not interested in forking out $500 for the SD card just to use the inferior standard GPS system.

There's other benefits that just don't matter to me that might to you. The voice commands is far better as it uses google. You have access to many apps such as music streaming, communication such as FB messenger. If you want to dictate a text message, it works very well.

Since all I care about is the Google maps, I didn't want to pay out either. A good option here is to use the AIO tweaks version. This depends on what version you have installed on your system. One member here has created an updated version of AA for us that use the hacks. It's quite stable. Might want to look into that. Lots of information in these forums.

·
Registered
105 Posts
yes since it gives you a bit more redundancy and if you use multiple apps, you can safely change apps using the control knob instead of picking up your phone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts