2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

So a while back I purchased a 2017 screen for my car in order to replace the 2016.

The 2017 screen came with a CMU and I wanted to check the following:

1- Does newer hardware guarantee faster BT connection, processing and UI?

2- Or there is no difference between the 2016 and 2017 CMU's?

As far as I checked there are different part #'s for both CMU's, I attached photos for both of them.

Before I install the ACP kit I would like to switch CMU's in case it is really beneficial.

Thanks for clarifying!

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
May I ask why you bought it? I may have to replace mine cause there's apparently a hardware issue where the car thinks it's on the other side of the planet, or GPS just being way off, but I plan to do it under warranty. https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...ndroid-auto-all-here-now-187.html#post2420533

Also, not sure which is which, but the one with the earlier date has a newer firmware. Also note that both have August 2016 dates. Likely the only difference is the firmware they come with.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
1- Does newer hardware guarantee faster BT connection, processing and UI?
2- Or there is no difference between the 2016 and 2017 CMU's?
Before I install the ACP kit I would like to switch CMU's in case it is really beneficial.
Re:
1. BT: don`t know. Faster processing/UI: No, as that depends on the FW version: I recognised a huge step/much faster booting after the FW update from FW 56 to FW 59.00.545 (still there with FW 70).

2. As andy_o already mentioned, I also got the CMU changed (on my CX-5) on warranty, because of the GPS problem mentioned here in the TSB: View attachment Navigation system shows wrong location.pdf . According to this TSB your CMU with the part number BHS3 66 9C0 R (R at the end) is from a Mazda 3 BM and according to the production date, it already has the GPS fix included. So I would recommend to install the new one and update it to FW 70 before you install AA/CP hardware (usb hub and cables).
And the other/older CMU with the part number BAAR 66 9C0 D is from a Mazda 3 BN. It has the D at the end and has the GPS problem, as it was fixed only during/after end letter E.

·
Registered
33 Posts
what is a difference between screens ? is resolution of 2017 screen better than 16?
Styling is different, 17 is more integrated in the dash instead of looking like a tablet propped on the dash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
what is a difference between screens ? is resolution of 2017 screen better than 16?
As stated above the plastic surrounding the screen on the 2017 version looks nicer and more "integrated into the dash"
Screen resolution is the same
The 2017 has a better LCD display though. more color saturation and better contrast.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My 2015 CMU with v56 was replaced on warranty with (I think) a current CMU with v70.
I don't think the new one is faster, but now it takes 5 steps instead of 2 to get my ipod working. OTOH the Pandora app usually works now. I still have only the radio occasionally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts