2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mornin' everyone! Used to have a 2011 Mazda 3, just traded it in for a 2014. Hated how in the 2011, you couldn't control an iPod with the car audio controls. Just noticed with the 2014, the audio system will recognize an iPod if plugged into the USB jack. Awesome! Now... when I have it plugged in, the damn thing won't come off "pause". I'll unplug the iPod, select the playlist I want, push play (I can hear it playing through it's "internal speakers") but when I plug it in, the integration screen comes onto my iPod and it automatically pauses. I'll hit the play/pause button on the iPod itself but it doesn't do anything and when I hit the play/pause button on the car's audio system, the pause sign comes up on the screen, like it was already playing. Has anyone else run into this? I'm sure it's something incredibly stupid I'm doing..... :wink 1:

·
Registered
74 Posts
What kind of ipod, how big, is it rooted or anything like that, is it a large ipod and almost filled up?? I have a 64gb ipod touch and it is almost full which cause my system to hang and I can't interact with the Ipod. I connected an Ipod Classic with same amount of data and it seems to be working faster. Not perfect though.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
Did you try giving your iPod a reboot? When I've had one in the past that's had issues, sometimes a reboot does the trick. What kind is it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses guys. It's a 4th generation iPod nano. I don't have it in front of me, so I can't check the specs, but I would have bought the one with the least amount of memory offered....so probably the 8GB. Not a huge downloader of music, but I do like to be able to take my favorites with me sometimes. :) Haven't tried the reboot TVBassist. Phoenix, it's not rooted or anything like that and (sadly) it's not even close the the 8MB capacity.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys. It's a 4th generation iPod nano. I don't have it in front of me, so I can't check the specs, but I would have bought the one with the least amount of memory offered....so probably the 8GB. Not a huge downloader of music, but I do like to be able to take my favorites with me sometimes. :) Haven't tried the reboot TVBassist. Phoenix, it's not rooted or anything like that and (sadly) it's not even close the the 8MB capacity.
Hopefully the reboot will do the trick. I haven't messed with the 4g Nanos, but this link should help. https://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/nano4gen/

Do you have a friend with any kind of iPod you could use as a test? That might help you figure out if it's the car, or something weird with the iPod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 2014 Mazda 3 sGT and had an older5th generation Ipod Nano. It would also freeze when the song was selected. I could start the Ipod and then plug it into the USB and it worked. I finally tried to update the firmware and after that it works perfect. Really nice to have. I used to use it on my 2010 Jetta TDI and it worked there. Glad I got it to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts