2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am from Central Kansas and own a 2017 Mazda 3 sport. Borrowed many ideas off the sight while installing a new stereo in the vehicle.
Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Can you share a few pictures of the stereo and the car in general.

Long ago, I used to upgrade the sound systems in my cars but the systems are so integrated now that I don’t see how it could be done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just finished putting it all back together, except i can not find an antenna adapter for the 2017. Any help with that would be appreciated!!!!
Don't really listen the the radio much but would like to finish it off. This is my third install of a full system. I had never kept a factory head unit, but with the cool features and display with the Mazda, i decided to give it ago. Purchased a Audio Control LCQ-1 to have some EQ capability. Finally figured out how to tap into the factory speaker wires to connect the LCQ-1 but was very glad i only wired it up sitting on my passenger seat. Do not know what success others have had but i could not get it tuned in to where i was at all happy with it. It totally freaked out my sub as well. very artificial sounding and inconsistent signal. Huge variations from album to album and just did not sound like i was used to or had hoped. For kicks, i had an old pioneer head unit from my last car and i hooked it up- also just on my passenger seat. Oh My gosh what a difference. Warm lush predictable tones and consistent signals. I knew right then i had to figure out a way to install the aftermarket head while still leaving the back up camera functional and not messing up the display. After breaking down the center console and dash, i found something i had not seen anyone else mention. At the base of the center console below the heat and air controls, there is a ton of space back behind. With very little modification, the head fit nicely. I am now quite happy (except for the antenna adapter). Any one want to buy a very slightly used LCQ-1? If i can figure posting thing out, i will attempt some pics.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice. I like the addition of the fan to keep things cool. Add some wire loom and cover them wires. It’ll look awesome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts