2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just sold my Jag XF and bought a Mazda 3 2.0 SE (Petrol) 9.5K miles. As I'm retired this will reduce my outgoings on road tax and insurance. Plus, being a petrol car I can stop worrying about the DPF filter which caused me some problems as I don't drive far now. Loved that Jag but was getting costly.

I will more than likely just use the forum for finding out stuff about my new car. Especially fitting a Dash Cam (Nextbase) hardwire kit - which fuse to use etc is my priority

In my past life I was an ICT teacher and I'm heavily into computing (obviously) and golf.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm in the UK. UK car tax (road tax) is £30 on my car - I assume it's because it has i-stop. Annoying in heavy town traffic - nice to turn it off - which defeats the government's efforts to reduce polution. But I have to wonder if i-stop causes more wear and tear plus redcued battery life. Fortunately I live in the suburbs and rarely go into town.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, and by the way. I did hardwire install my nextbase 412GW dashcam using the mini piggy back fuse - used the lowest fuse in the fuse box in the left hand footwell (assuming it doesn't change between countries). I think it's a 15A accessory fuse.

Had to drill a small hole for a self tapping screw to provide an earth (not shown in pic)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts