2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don't know if this is even worth a new thread but I've had this strange cruise control issue that no one could solve. Basically, out of nowhere, the cruise control stopped engaging. The amber light would turn on but the control would not set the speed.

Well, the culprit was my car battery. I remembered that a month ago before this issue started happening, a mechanic told me my battery was dying to I should replace it. Then, a month later, my battery finally died so I replaced my battery. Since then, my cruise control has been working flawlessly! :laugh2::laugh2:

If your cruise control isn't working, check your car battery. I hope this helps. :nerd:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was wondering if it was a voltage/electrical issue. Was thinking maybe the cruise won't engage b/c at first cold-start of the day some value is below a certain threshold set in the ECU. CC thus won't function until a restart w/ a 'normal' value is registered. After running the car for a bit, the alternator has a chance to charge the battery and when restarting the car i.e. after realizing the cruise isn't working, the CC then works b/c this 'value' now is in the normal range during the restart.

I hooked a multimeter to my battery the other day when the car was off and it was over 12v but it was dark and I don't recall the exact voltage...thinking 12.5v+. I also didn't check it after starting and then after charging/off. My battery is the factory original I believe (2012 skyactiv hatch 6spd, 66k miles unprotected in the FL sun). I've noticed the starts haven't been that strong lately...never failed to start but I've been planning on a battery soon before the CC issue really became an issue.

Glad that seemed to solve your issue! Hopefully that's the (easy) answer..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts