2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new to this forum, new to 2007 Mazda 3 (My daughter's car), but experienced mechanic. When car is running, the AC light on the center console is intermittent. It may stay on for 3-4 minutes, or flicker at different rates, or stay off altogether.

When it is on, the AC blows cold. When it is off, it blows warm, so I assume the light is showing the actual state of the system. My son had the system serviced a month ago, and they said there was no pressure in the line, so possibly a leaking o-ring somewhere.

I can buy a can of R-134 to check the pressure. Before I do that, are there any other common failures I should look at?

And if it turns out to be a leak, how hard is it to change the seals? thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a issue with my 09 mazda3 not blowing cold air at all replaced the electromagnet in the clutch for a/c pretty easy job A/C running cold again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a issue with my 09 mazda3 not blowing cold air at all replaced the electromagnet in the clutch for a/c pretty easy job A/C running cold again.
I think this is exactly what’s happening with my car too. I’ve been looking for an aftermarket part but I’ve seen a few bad reviews where they have either failed or in some cases even caught on fire. Do you have a part recommendation or did you replace with OEM part? Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts