2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anybody know if the interior from a 2015 car will fit into a 2018 car?

I really want to upgrade to a leather interior but being as mine is the facelift if they don't fit it's slim pickings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi iBeef you might be better off looking around your area for some companies that can just recover your current seats. I have a 2015 5 door and I am currently looking to do the same. I am going to start getting quotes this week on cost of just the front and rear seats.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,422 Posts
The only change to the interior was the center console. Seats should be swappable.

Make sure you disconnect the negative on the battery and wait a few minutes before disconnecting anything or your air bags may go off.
CK

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi iBeef you might be better off looking around your area for some companies that can just recover your current seats. I have a 2015 5 door and I am currently looking to do the same. I am going to start getting quotes this week on cost of just the front and rear seats.
Let me know what kind of prices you get quoted. I can just imagine it costing a lot more than a set from a breaker car.

The only change to the interior was the center console. Seats should be swappable.

Make sure you disconnect the negative on the battery and wait a few minutes before disconnecting anything or your air bags may go off.
CK
Great news, thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all,

Does anybody know if the interior from a 2015 car will fit into a 2018 car?

I really want to upgrade to a leather interior but being as mine is the facelift if they don't fit it's slim pickings.
No it would not 2018 the seat wiring changed
2014-16 are all the same however’

when u say put the 2015 interior into a 2018 not even possible as they redesigned it completely wiring all different also in 2018 u have the button emergency brake the 2015 had the lever handbrake so would not work’
They also changed the steering wheel and entire wiring /gauges /radio/cmu

what u would need to do is find leather seats from a 2017-2018 model at junk yard prolly have to wait a few more years For ppl to wreck them’

2019 seats won’t work either because they redid wiring and cmu again’ hope that helps it’s a bit** to find ones and when u do gotta hope they aren’t all ripped up’ either wait it out for more to wreck or just buy leather covers made for the mazda 3 aftermarket take off your cloth and put the leather on

To help ppl
14-16 all the same
They did a slight center console revision in 2016 calling it 2016.5 got rid of handle e brake and went to button push’

2017-18 r the same

2019they changed shit again

then 2020-2021 r the same

·
Registered
26 Posts

CK
Lol bro not being mean but that’s far from the truth’ 2014-16 r the same
In 2017 the entire car body
Wiring cmu /screen radio
Seat wiring steering wheel all changed in a 2015 there’s a manual e brake in a 2018 there’s the electronic button e brake while diff set up diff brake pads and parts diff calipers etc’ trust me I’ve researched the hell out of trying to mod my 2016 to the newer style without a major overhaul due to cmu and wiring difference/ body style change it’s impossible I own the wiring diagrams also to prove my theory :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts