2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Holy moly. Window rattles? Drive door rattle? AC vent rattle? Ticking from glove box?
Can you describe more about these? And how they got resolved?
I have some vibration sounds coming from rear passenger door area sometimes (can't tell if it is door/window/bpillar).
I also have some rapid ticking from glove box. airbag rattle already fixed.
Both of these I get over rough terrain.

Could use your guidance on this
Window rattle just sounds like window on metal ticking coming from the back driver side window. It manifests itself depending on the outside temp.

AC vent rattle came from the driver right AC vent. It was a plastic on plastic sound coming from inside the vent. They had to replace a panel inside the vent.

HUD rattling when on rough roads. It was coming from inside the HUD passed the plastic protector. They had to replace the entire HUD.

Door panel rattle happened around the control buttons on driver door; it was a squeaking ticking sound. They had to replace the door panel.

There’s another ticking coming from the passenger seat belt but can’t tell if its the passenger back window or seat belt. Not fixed.

There’s a ticking coming from the glove box area can’t tell if it’s from the passenger AC or inside the glove box or the glove box panel itself.

All of these rattles are intermittent depending on the outside temp so it has been very difficult to reproduce to the dealer for them to fix.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Window rattle just sounds like window on metal ticking coming from the back driver side window. It manifests itself depending on the outside temp.
I sometimes hear some vibration there too

There’s another ticking coming from the passenger seat belt but can’t tell if its the passenger back window or seat belt. Not fixed.
seat belt, inside b pillar, for me. a clacking sound

There’s a ticking coming from the glove box area can’t tell if it’s from the passenger AC or inside the glove box or the glove box panel itself.
same here. ticking is reduced if i press down on the dash

All of these rattles are intermittent depending on the outside temp so it has been very difficult to reproduce to the dealer for them to fix.
yes mine are most noticeable morning/night, when the temperature is lowest

hope we can find some solutions ourselves

·
Registered
202 Posts
I sometimes hear some vibration there too

seat belt, inside b pillar, for me. a clacking sound

same here. ticking is reduced if i press down on the dash

yes mine are most noticeable morning/night, when the temperature is lowest

hope we can find some solutions ourselves
Interesting - all my rattles seem to disappear when it is cold lol. When its warmer and the sun is shining all the rattles seem to come out,

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are quite a few reports of rattles scattered through various threads here. Our car: '19 3 Sport (Hatch) GT/Premium (Canada); 7 months/13000+kms. Japan production.

Rattles:
Dash: glove compartment/passenger air bag area. Since new. Dealer fixed once, but it's come back.
Dash: possible (not sure) rattle from HUD area.
Both front doors: have developed distinct rattles when car is going over rough surfaces. These appear to be originating near the rear of each door/the pillar area; hard to tell the exact location or cause.

I plan to have the dealer address all these within a month or two, when the car goes in for its scheduled service. They are or bloody well should be covered under warranty/'service adjustments'.
We have 2 2019 GTs, one quiet as a mouse, the other with various rattles. The worst one seems to be coming from the driver's side door pillar area & a lesser one behind the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I pulled mine apart today to fix an instrument cluster rattle. While it was off I put padding behind the dashboard decoration panels (passenger and driver side), the side panels to the dashboard and also the dashboard lower panel. The instrument cluster is now fixed (sounded like it was perhaps coming from the back of instrument cluster or perhaps it was rubbing up against the air conditioning duct covered by the drivers side decoration panel). I have a passenger door that has a bit of a rattle so it will be coming off next to get fixed. That being said I am very impressed with the amount of padding I am seeing inside the Mazda 3 and the general level of engineering. I have pretty much owned Subarus up to this point and while they are much easier to take apart they just don't show the same level of engineering and attention to detail I am seeing behind the panels of the Mazda. It is a shame that there are rattles that need to be fixed because Mazda seems to have gone above and beyond when designing these cars and they have certainly put a lot of effort into bits of the car that you otherwise don't see. If I can get rid of the final few minor rattles it will be perfect.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts