2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see if any new 2019 Mazda 3 owners have noticed any issues with fit and finish or rattles? I have a '19 Sedan have an annoying rattle that occurs when I hit bumps at city speeds. Sounds like something bouncing or moving around in the glove box or passenger door pocket, even though nothing is in either of them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes mine had many rattles. Window rattles, HUD rattle, driver door rattle, ac vent rattle, trunk tick when opening and a ticking coming from the glove box. Dealer fixed most but 1-2 rattles still remain.

Mine is also the sedan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a rattle in the glove box, it's something moving behind the glove box when turning the car agressivly, something loose that moves with the centrifugal force

·
Registered
145 Posts
There are quite a few reports of rattles scattered through various threads here. Our car: '19 3 Sport (Hatch) GT/Premium (Canada); 7 months/13000+kms. Japan production.

Rattles:
Dash: glove compartment/passenger air bag area. Since new. Dealer fixed once, but it's come back.
Dash: possible (not sure) rattle from HUD area.
Both front doors: have developed distinct rattles when car is going over rough surfaces. These appear to be originating near the rear of each door/the pillar area; hard to tell the exact location or cause.

I plan to have the dealer address all these within a month or two, when the car goes in for its scheduled service. They are or bloody well should be covered under warranty/'service adjustments'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haha welcome to the club. I took mine into the dealer and they said they couldn't hear it so nothing was wrong. I showed them my videos and they said unless they can duplicate it, they can't do anything about it. I took it back a few days later after it snowed and the roads were a little rougher, and from the get go the guy says "oh yeah we've had a lot of complaints about that." I took it in today for an unrelated problem (faulty cluster display has unusual lines through it) and they said they'll address the rattles too.

Fingers crossed the rattles are gone when I get it back. Will update. I'll link to the video for your listening...pleasure...?

Mazda 3 2019 Rattles

·
Registered
29 Posts
6500 miles and the ride rattles everywhere. 1) Speaker housing in dash behind infotainment screen. 2) Both seat belt tensioner/adjusters. 3) Driver side speaker by window. 4) Rattle on driver side..sounds like squeaky rubber trim along pillar between driver door and passenger door. Still love driving it but damn.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My sedan has rattling in front of the driver, can't pin point if it's inside the instrument cluster or somewhere beneath the steering wheel.

The driver side door also occasionally rattles but that one comes and goes.

I also have this strange sound coming I think from inside the a/c vents. It sounds like a camera shutter going off. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I found out today that the driver side door rattles mostly came from window. If you lower/closed the windows a few time (on all doors), the rattles becomes less audible. However, rattles will comeback if you open/closed the doors or after a few hours. I had same issue when I had my 2015 Mazda3 Hatch but it didn't develop the noise until 50000 miles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you think the HUD is rattling, try to keep the glass down while you hear it. On the right side of the glass. If it stops rattling you know whats causing that problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tighten the air bags frame screws located behind the glove box. That worked for my hatchback.
I have a rattle in the glove box, it's something moving behind the glove box when turning the car agressivly, something loose that moves with the centrifugal force

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes mine had many rattles. Window rattles, HUD rattle, driver door rattle, ac vent rattle, trunk tick when opening and a ticking coming from the glove box. Dealer fixed most but 1-2 rattles still remain.

Mine is also the sedan.
Holy moly. Window rattles? Drive door rattle? AC vent rattle? Ticking from glove box?
Can you describe more about these? And how they got resolved?
I have some vibration sounds coming from rear passenger door area sometimes (can't tell if it is door/window/bpillar).
I also have some rapid ticking from glove box. airbag rattle already fixed.
Both of these I get over rough terrain.

Could use your guidance on this

I found out today that the driver side door rattles mostly came from window. If you lower/closed the windows a few time (on all doors), the rattles becomes less audible. However, rattles will comeback if you open/closed the doors or after a few hours. I had same issue when I had my 2015 Mazda3 Hatch but it didn't develop the noise until 50000 miles.
Are you getting it addressed by dealer?

6500 miles and the ride rattles everywhere. 1) Speaker housing in dash behind infotainment screen. 2) Both seat belt tensioner/adjusters. 3) Driver side speaker by window. 4) Rattle on driver side..sounds like squeaky rubber trim along pillar between driver door and passenger door. Still love driving it but damn.
I have the seat belt adjuster area just clacking about. If i press beneath the adjustment slider, i can recreate the 'pop'/'clack' sound. If i wiggle the entire cover, issue becomes more intermittent. It's hard to reproduce it at dealer (they didn't hear it). I have recordings but it's clear they didn't want to try again. I'm waiting for it to be consistent, as it's usually (a) over bumpy road or (b) i'm coming to a stop from forward motion, as if something is loose and sliding forward.

·
Keen driver of the 2017 3
15 Posts
Oh Boy, that is beyond unacceptable.
You need to be working on the dealer and Mazda to provide a fix

1 - 20 of 25 Posts