2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas just wondering what intakr do you guys can recommend for a 2013 skyactiv besides the corksport. I thought I’d ask around first if there are routes to go besides corksport. Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
What size is your engine? and maybe you can just contact Corksport with the question and they can answer.
It feels like this forum does not have lots of active members. seems like there are more gen1 owners.

I am also sort of wondering the same for my 2011 6speed manual 2.5L if I should go Corksport or JBR

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
I just installed the K&N 69 Typhoon cold air intake. I am very happy with it so far.

It added a nice growl to my engine and I can feel a slight gain when at higher RPMs (4K+).
CK

·
Registered
431 Posts
You get even better results from the stock air box. SRIs are a waste of money if you are looking for power gains. Noise power
My tuner says it makes a couple of HP difference on the E85 only tune and helps with RPM as stock box showed sign of restriction on the dyno above 7,000.

Me personally I dont know if it does or does not as mine was fitted the same time I got the tune, I do enjoy the noise though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree with others above Short ram intake is for noise better intake sounds and maybe non-noticeable hp gain in normal use; and also changing the intake will mess with your mpg.
If people are looking for power. the best and cheapest way is to get a high flow exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts