2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I searched long and hard to try to find out if a 2nd GEN 2.5L SRI would work on a 2.0L, or if it would not be accepted by the MAF, and cause a CEL. But after looking around online I found that really no one had tried (or at least didn't those who had didn't post about it) and that most people just blanket statement said "just buy for your engine".

I live in Canada, and right now the intakes for the 2.0 2nd GEN are oddly pricey (most expensive of the Mazda generations and models) and intakes for the same year 2.5 are much more affordable. I didn't want to order from CorkSport just because the shipping to Canada is high as well (I'm working with a budget if you can't tell) so I decided to throw a hail mary and buy a Injen SRI for a 2.5, throw it in my 2.0 and pray for the best.

Well it worked! Really well in-fact. MAF was direct bolt on and its the same diameter for both engines. No check engine light, and the thing sounds and feels amazing in the car!

So there you have it, the answer to the question: an INJEN SRI for a 2nd Gen 2.5 works on a 2.0.

DISCLAIMER this seems to be the case for me, and specifically for the Injen SRI. I can't say this will work with other brands, as I'm sure some of you haven't had the same success. If anyone has anymore insight on this topic, I'd love to hear from you :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Which engine do you have, mzr or skyactiv

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which engine do you have, mzr or skyactiv

I have the MZR. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't work on the Skyactiv engine, I've heard some people have tried on that and gotten a CEL pretty much right away.

But (at least for me) this seems to work like a charm on the non-skyactive 2 litre.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yea bummer for me there's a lot I can't do with mine (skyactiv)

·
Super Moderator
5,342 Posts
I have the MZR. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't work on the Skyactiv engine, I've heard some people have tried on that and gotten a CEL pretty much right away.
What wouldn't work? An aftermarket intake? Nonsense......lots of owners have installed them with no issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What wouldn't work? An aftermarket intake? Nonsense......lots of owners have installed them with no issues.
The question I had was would the Intake for a 2.5 Litre cause a CEL on a 2.0 Litre. But luckily it didn't!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts