2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put a magna flow cat back exhaust and a k&n typhoon intake on my 2014 mazda 3 and the difference is HUGE

Attachments

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I put a magna flow cat back exhaust and a k&n typhoon intake on my 2014 mazda 3 and the difference is HUGE
Cool. Would love to hear more about the difference(s).

Sound? More power (hp & torque)? Better throttle response? Can you elaborate? Thx! :smile2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sound went from a smooth hum to a growl mostly due to the intake (which i like) and the exhaust of course increased noise, but there is a noticeable increase in power output and responsiveness, also because the typhoon intake has a metal tube and not rubber i can hear a cool noise at certain points then i shift, if anybody knows what it is tell me otherwise i think its the valve to the intake, it almost sounds like a bpv valve but maybe I'm crazy

Reactions: nanxun

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound went from a smooth hum to a growl mostly due to the intake (which i like) and the exhaust of course increased noise, but there is a noticeable increase in power output and responsiveness, also because the typhoon intake has a metal tube and not rubber i can hear a cool noise at certain points then i shift, if anybody knows what it is tell me otherwise i think its the valve to the intake, it almost sounds like a bpv valve but maybe I'm crazy
disclaimer i know its not a bpv valve it just sounds like one

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also have that intake. and Yeah I know what you mean about that "bpv" like sound. Its most loudest point is when I initially press on the gas pedal. idk if its the same for you but that noise wasnt there before I installed the intake. so your not crazy, haha.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I have to say, I like the contrast of the red with the black bumper and then the polished exhaust. Looks great and I bet it sounds great now too! Obviously I'm partial to our exhaust, but any upgrade is a good upgrade in my book. Congrats!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have that intake. and Yeah I know what you mean about that "bpv" like sound. Its most loudest point is when I initially press on the gas pedal. idk if its the same for you but that noise wasnt there before I installed the intake. so your not crazy, haha.
Yeah i hear it if i get on the gas suddenly and sometimes at high rpm

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to say, I like the contrast of the red with the black bumper and then the polished exhaust. Looks great and I bet it sounds great now too! Obviously I'm partial to our exhaust, but any upgrade is a good upgrade in my book. Congrats!
Thank you and do you know if that sound from the motor is noticeable from the corksport intake?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where did you get your exhaust and do you have any videos of how it sounds? thx
Ill try to get my go pro on the back of it and drive around ill post a youtube link when i get the video

Reactions: Greysky14

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have my intake en route and definitely going to get the exhaust next.....looks great.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Thanks for the response- I was about to order one but saw 2.5 on k&n.com, I

only have the 2.0 but was not sure what this application was. I think it was

addressed in another thread; but I do not see why this would not work with the

two litre- maybe if they were to make a 2.0 version, the diametre of the intake

would be smaller? So as to prevent too much air coming through?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the response- I was about to order one but saw 2.5 on k&n.com, I

only have the 2.0 but was not sure what this application was. I think it was

addressed in another thread; but I do not see why this would not work with the

two litre- maybe if they were to make a 2.0 version, the diametre of the intake

would be smaller? So as to prevent too much air coming through?
im not sure about the diameter of the intake from one motor to another but it attaches by a rubber boot, if it won't fit you may be able to find a substitute rubber boot if the diameter is different

·
Registered
65 Posts
im not sure about the diameter of the intake from one motor to another but it attaches by a rubber boot, if it won't fit you may be able to find a substitute rubber boot if the diameter is different
Changing the diameter of the intake tube runs the risk of throwing a CEL.

The MAF works by knowing the diameter of the intake tube as part of the calculation method for air reaching the throttle body. If the diameter changes that will throw off the MAF readings vs. engine condition and most likely cause your CEL to go off.

That being said, the 2.0 and 2.5L cars have the same part number for their MAF but a different part number for the intake tubing (air inlet) and the lower air intake box. One can look this up on Mazda Parts | Mazda Accessories | OEM Mazda Parts
2.0L: 2.0L parts list
2.5L: 2.5L parts list

1 - 20 of 22 Posts