2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I just joined. Any suggestions about a good car insurance? I am currently visiting some of my friends and we bought a car that we will have shipped back with us, and we bought it right the moment we got there. It was honestly a pain for us because we had to insure the car and the plans for tourists are fairly scarce as they are and they are expensive. We had to look online to find everything we needed for the temporary insurance (there are some nice tips here: https://www.americaninsurance.com/usa-car-insurance-tourists) I found it really useful

·
Registered
184 Posts
hey I just joineed. Any suggestions about a good car insurance?
Welcome to the forum. You may want to post an introduction in the new members section. This was posted at the end of an old response that may not get many people looking at it. (and more confused as to why a Mazda3 was a sports car 5 years ago!)

I have Erie but have not shopped around for far too long. I was about to when I had two claims and my father had a big one (all home claims on combined Erie policies). Erie was quick to respond and the amounts we received were more than enough. Keep in mind when shopping for insurance that the low premium is not the only factor in selecting an insurance company. In my neighborhood, those with good insurance companies got roofs replaced due to the storm damage. Those with bad companies got stuck with the bills and later changed carriers.

I will add that a good agent also makes a huge difference. My agent had an employee who was incredibly responsive. When I called I got the answer I needed. Now that she has retired and the agent's daughter has taken over it has taken me years (2 years to be exact) to get a single answer. I called to find out how much I would have to pay when my son got his license starting when he was 16 and got his learner's permit. I called back every 6 months or so and only got an answer 2 years later when he finally took the test and got his license. I was in no rush since my son was in no rush to actually drive himself.

·
Registered
223 Posts
hey I just joineed. Any suggestions about a good car insurance?
In Oz I get on line quotes by completing the questionnaire for reputable firms. Generally a new customer working on line gets a few hundred dollars discount over a straight renewal. If I want to keep my old insurer I then ring them up and ask if they can match their on line quote. They always do and it keeps continuity for future loyalty bonus's etc.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Depends on how good of a policy you want. I just switched to USAA from State Farm after 15 years and have slightly better for about a buck or two cheaper. My 3 is about $130/month for 100/300/100 and an extra $20k in PIP, $0 Comp deductible, $250 Coll deductible.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I haven't found a rate lower than 120 a month from anyone. But I do like 40-50k driving a year.
I'm slightly less than $130 CAD, which I suppose is quite a bit cheaper than $120 USD. Has a lot to do with where I live and I've been with the same insurance company for years with a spotless driving record.

I had 2 speeding tickets less than 6 months apart about 7 or 8 years ago. Thing is, if the insurance company doesn't check they never know. After 3 years they can't get that info. Well, they never checked. Instead I got a letter thanking me for a good driving record and giving me a discount.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts