2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mazda 3 Lover
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
want to add under dash LED light but don't want to use the 12v adapter to power it on. want it to be powered by the battery when i switch on the car but which works with the dome light i.e it goes off when i close my door and start driving and power on when i open the door. Do you think that i can cut the 12 v adapter and connect the wire directly in the fuse box? also, where to put it in the fuse box?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,793 Posts
I just used a t-tap and tapped into the dome light so it would turn on and off when the dome lights did (unlocking car..opening doors etc).

This was on my previous 2016 3.

It was pretty simple to do. Unscrew sun visor, unscrewed dome light and exposed wiring.. looked up some wiring diagrams to figure out which wire to tap into.. ran tapped wiring along headliner to b-pillar.. down b-pillar to door trim.. down door trim to footwell and from there to LED strips. Ran it behind the opening at the floor near the pedals to the passenger side after removing some plastic trim pieces that unclip.

There are a few posts discussing this that I found when doing this 4 or 5 years ago.
CK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts