2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i install my new GPS unit, and i got the rear view camera.. but it has these extra wires that i have no idea what to do with them. i dont know if theyre grounds or what. can anyone help? i drew a diagram on my ipad to show exactly what im talking about.

so theres a connection that goes into the back of the GPS.. but it comes out wiht two wires: 1 that connects to the camera, and the other one that i dont know about.

then there's the camera.. from it, it has 3 wires.. one to connect to the first one above, and then two separate wires.. one is red, the othero one is black and red.

Anyone know what to do with these 3 wires??

My nav comes up with the camera screen anytime i reverse, but it's black.

pleas help!!:chuck_norris 1::shocked::shocked:

minh
mazda3 2010

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the picture is in visible.. jsut move your mouse over the black space and your cursor will change. lol i dont know what it's transparent.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my guess (and I'm not a professional) is that those wires get connected to your reverse lights so that the camera turns on when you put the car in reverse...If you're getting a black screen when you put the car in reverse, then the camera isn't turning on. Connect that red wire to a positive wire (perhaps even the positive wire of one of your reverse light bulbs) and the black to a ground. Then see if you get a picture when you put the car in reverse. No clue what the black wire on the yellow RCA cable is for, but if I had to guess, I'd say another ground wire.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The red wire on the camera hooks into your backup light, black& red wire to ground, the other wire on the camera goes to your GPS unit. as well as the video cable from the camera.

Pat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts