1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Why does it matter you can still read the page with it all over

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Please forgive the noob question, but I can't tell if the reflector LEDs are illuminated to the same intensity with or without braking or if they are further brightened with braking?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Please forgive the noob question, but I can't tell if the reflector LEDs are illuminated to the same intensity with or without braking or if they are further brightened with braking?
yes, they are slightly brighter. 3 wires: ground (blk), bright (red), dim (white) at least that was the colors on my ebay versions. I chose to use my "bright" wire for my turn signals instead of the brake light. probably going to figure out a way to diode isolate the brake and turn signal wires so that the "brights" will flash when the brake is applied. think i'll need some type of 'timed delay' to get it to work. will be hittin up radio shack, that's if there are any left around here.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Get a brake flasher for a motorcycle, it will flash a certain number of times (depending on the unit) and then stay solid. All it requires is continuous ground and power from the brake light wire to install. Well that and somewhere to mount it. The only downfall (although it's not a big deal being LED's) is that you will have to wire the power output to both lights, so you'll have to splice 2 to 1. With LED's it won't matter cause it's such a low draw.

https://www.denniskirk.com/216274.s...m_medium=cse&gclid=CPy2gJrnubYCFYtxOgod0B0Aug

here's a cheaper option if you prefer as well.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Thanks very much! I'm swapping my halogen stockers for led brake lights and hatch 3rd brake, but had not considered turning the reflectors into lights. Looks very nice on your car!

yes, they are slightly brighter. 3 wires: ground (blk), bright (red), dim (white) at least that was the colors on my ebay versions. I chose to use my "bright" wire for my turn signals instead of the brake light. probably going to figure out a way to diode isolate the brake and turn signal wires so that the "brights" will flash when the brake is applied. think i'll need some type of 'timed delay' to get it to work. will be hittin up radio shack, that's if there are any left around here.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Lol mine doesn't even look like that mine looks faint in the background

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yeah it is definitely faint in the background. Idk why yours is so dark, some setting needs to be changed for you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cork Sport Install Error

In the Cork Sport PDF instructions, on the last page @ step 5,
they state that " The white wire can be used for the blinkers. "
I believe this is incorrect, the red wire should be used for the blinkers.

Anyway, check out the video here.
Info on the wiring error, in the description on the YouTube page.

:taz: :smiley:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Excellent video! I want to see what behind the bumper so I can install a set of backup sensors. Thanks!

I do have an issue with Mazda engineering though. TOO many SCREWS!

·
Registered
14 Posts
@ ecandlcubed

Your welcome.

Actually I find the number of screws limited.
Ex: Nylon screws to hold on a bumper ?
But this can be accomplished due to the well thought out engineering.
If I remember correctly there were a total of approx 14 screws/pins for everything.
That's not a huge amount in my opinion.
Doing the wiring and removing the interior panel was a little tricky, as there was no instructions for that. The left rear side I managed to wire up with out removing the panel. But the right rear side , because of a different structural design, required removal of the interior panel. That's half the fun though, slowly searching for pins and screws, figuring it out, like a puzzle, with out breaking anything. After the wiring I managed to get all the pins and screws back in place, with nothing broken. However, I have noticed a very small rattle coming from the panel area when driving. I have yet to investigate, it may also be the rear panel down by the latch for the hatch.
Wiring Video to follow in the future. . . . Celldroid :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts