2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I just got a new 2016 iTouring sedan. Love it so far. I would like to install OEM mud flaps and have a question about the rear ones. The instructions online http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/2014mazda3rearplashguards4door.pdf say "Pull back the splash shield and using nippers cut along
the scribed lines on the underside in the cut locations shown in the figure." Does this mean i need to cut into the wheel well flange? If you have installed these flaps I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks very much,

·
Working Class Hero
3,570 Posts
You're cutting the fender liner to accommodate the speed nut that gets clipped onto the bumper. The screw will pass through that gap and, if cut properly the fender liner will lie flush between the mud flap and the bumper. When you take it apart, you'll be able to see the cutting guide marks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're cutting the fender liner to accommodate the speed nut that gets clipped onto the bumper. The screw will pass through that gap and, if cut properly the fender liner will lie flush between the mud flap and the bumper. When you take it apart, you'll be able to see the cutting guide marks.
Thanks very much, this makes it clear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts