2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have questions, you could just ask. I doubt that he will write a tutorial, as his post/annoncement is 8 month old...
thought he might still be writing it =)

right now i have 7.00.100 on my infotainment system and all the items needed. i never took apart my dashboard and i want to make sure i take it apart correctly without breaking any clips. i need to make sure the location of the tx and rx connectors is the same one as the picture as i dont want to take it apart to find something different and need to look it up to find what i need. i want to go just a single location to find an all in one step so i dont have multiple tabs open.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
According to your name you drive a 2017 CX-5 - I guess a KF (new model). I did a serial access 2 years ago at such a model. You can believe me, the rx and tx are there, as described - its the same for every MZD (except new MZD II at CX-30 and Mazda3 2019).

I guess you will not find a perfect manual in one spot for exactly your car, as there are so many cars/variants out there with different trims. Downloadlink for trim removal instructions

Photos of my serial access at a 2017 CX-5 KF back then:
Vehicle Vehicle audio Technology Car Auto part
Wire Auto part Electrical wiring Vehicle Technology
Technology Electronics Electronic device Auto part
Auto part Engine Technology Electronic device Wire
Wire Finger Technology Hand Electronic device
Wire Electrical wiring Cable Auto part Technology
Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Tire Machine
Vehicle audio Vehicle Technology Car Electronics

Hope this helps a little?

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to your name you drive a 2017 CX-5 - I guess a KF (new model). I did a serial access 2 years ago at such a model. You can believe me, the rx and tx are there, as described - its the same for every MZD (except new MZD II at CX-30 and Mazda3 2019).

I guess you will not find a perfect manual in one spot for exactly your car, as there are so many cars/variants out there with different trims. Downloadlink for trim removal instructions

Photos of my serial access at a 2017 CX-5 KF back then:
View attachment 278211 View attachment 278212 View attachment 278213 View attachment 278214 View attachment 278215 View attachment 278216 View attachment 278217 View attachment 278218

Hope this helps a little?
wow thanks alot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Trying to installed tweaks in a CX9 with V70 CMU. I want to confirm when I need to initiate the ID7 installation from Putty (ref: ID7 Recovery v2). After completion of the update, I tried sending the command in Putty when the text stopped scrolling, but nothing happens. I'm I missing something? Do I need to reboot the CMU first (switch car OFF and back to ACC)?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Which v70 do you have exactly? Which did you have and to which do you update to?
For ID7v2: Do not reboot after the firmware update! Directly at the end of the FW update you should paste the putty command.
Issue-Reason could be wrong process for v70 or cable not connected properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which v70 do you have exactly? Which did you have and to which do you update to?
For ID7v2: Do not reboot after the firmware update! Directly at the end of the FW update you should paste the putty command.
Issue-Reason could be wrong process for v70 or cable not connected properly.
I updated from 7.00.352 to 70.000.367 (latest version available on HiDrive share). The update was completed sucessfully. Tried a second time reinstalling 367 over 367, and completed again successfully. But everytime when I try to input the command in putty when text stopped after the update nothings happens. To confirm the Tx connection, I disconnected the wire and tried to hit ENTER. I this case the cursor did not change line. Connected Tx wire again, and when I hit ENTER the cursor changed line. So I guess the communication is good. But still, when I paste the command, and the cursor change line, but nothing else happens. My USB key constains the update file in the root, and the XX folder containing the ID7v2 files downloaded from the Mazdatweaks link. I will try again today.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
With .367 serial access/ID7v2 is not possible anymore. There is no way so far to enable .367 to install tweaks via usb. Its written often here in the forum. ID7v2 works only for .335 and .352. Reinstall .352 and at the end do the serial access/ID7v2. Then it will work.
Edit:
.352 (and all outdated firmware versions) can be found at the server in the folder "z develop/outdated" or something alike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Trystan I registered on this website exclusively to thank you for all your hard work re: Mazda AIO tweaks, I'm a complete noob in the sense that I had no idea what a CP2102 module did or how you go about setting it up and before I knew it I was looking into arduinos and all sort of other wicked things. Anyway, I'm going to give this installation a go and see how I go. I will try to do a tutorial too as I have a Mazda CX3 OS Version 70.00.021 EU N Fail Safe Version is 70.00.021 and I do not think anybody has posted a video for this particular model so I will take a leaf out of your book and promote some learning !

All the best !

·
Registered
2 Posts
BIG UPS to AIO @Trezdog44 , for serial access/ID7: @id7 and @Albuyeh !!

If I might add a small suggestion, mazdatweaks.com/id7/ does not show in the instructions how to get the update.pup , I had to do some research to arrive @Tristan-cx5 link in a previous post in this thread where you provide the link my.hidrive.com

Without this information I would not have known that you have to reinstall your FW even if you have the latest v. of the FW. I now see that to install AIO for v70.00.021 EU N I would have to first download and install 70.00.367A I can see this in the file Firmware ALERT MUST-READ.txt where it states:

3. Your FINAL Install Procedure ....:::

IF YOUR MAZDA HAS FIRMWARE VERSION ON or ABOVE 70.00.021A
LIKE 70.00.100A or 70.00.110 or 70.00.130 or 70.00.150A or 70.00.335C
THEN YOU UPDATE to 70.00.367A for the LATEST FIRMWARE.

Although v70.00.021 EU N is not mentioned on the list but I assume it is implied because the A in "70.00.021A" to my understanding, only represents the region.

The file further adds:

This is now a ;SINGLE FILE ONLY; INSTALLATION for
YOUR REGION or COUNTRY, MUST USE EITHER ONE of...

NA N_70.00.367A-UPDATE.UP
or
EU N_70.00.3xxx-UPDATE.UP
or
4A N_70.00.3xxx-UPDATE.UP

THIS IS THE LATEST FIRMWARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.

INSTALLATION AS PER INSTRUCTIONS IN SERVER
''MAZDA FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCEDURE WORLDWIDE'' .Pdf

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Sorry, but the topic is a little confusing and I guess you mixed something up/misunderstood it.

1. There is a process to enable the MZD/CMU to install tweaks via USB:
a) Firmware (FW) 55.xx - 59.00.449 -> installation is possible from factory
b) If you have one of the above versions, install the ID7 tweak from AIO, then update to a FW up to/including 70.00.100. Then the install of tweaks via USB will still be possible.
c) Installed 59.00.502 - 70.00.100: Serial access process ID7: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial
d) Installed 70.00.335 or 70.00.352: Serial access process ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 . Installation of .335 and above delete any tweaks including ID7/ID7v2.
e) Installed 70.00.367: No enabling/serial access possible!

2. Installation of most AIO Tweaks is possible for up to 70.00.352. BUT AIO Android Auto Tweak does not work at any FW 70.xx; so this tweak works best/most stable with 59.00.502.

3. If you do not want to use AIO tweaks use the latest FW 70.00.367. The higher = newer the version is, the less bug it has.

4. Same version update: You can update at least from 70.00.335 to same .335 and same with 70.00.352 to same .352. Thats interesting for the ID7v2 process linked above.

5. From any higher firmware-version you can downgrade as far as 59.00.502 (not further down).

6. All on your own risk. Mazda does not intend users to update the firmware. All provided firmware is inofficial - same as AIO tweaks. Read the firmware update manual prior to the update and stick to it to the word, as otherwise you could brick your MZD/CMU, which costs new around 1400 € in Germany.

7. You could do the serial access (see above 1 c)) to your current 70.00.021 and then install AIO tweaks (but not AIO Android Auto).

8. The info at the hidrive server (e.g. the *.txt-files) are maintened by someone who does not write something about AIO tweaks. So the official version is to always update to the latest firmware and not to an outdated one... but with the latest .367 you can not enabe the MZD/CMU for the installation of tweaks via USB.

9. The last letter of each firmware version does not have a known or big indication. I only know of 70.00.100A (nearly all models) and 70.00.100D (@ a CX-3), but I do not know any difference.

10. The region of the firmware is marked after the last letter. Examples:
a) 70.00.100A EU - Europe/Russia
b) 70.00.100A NA - North America
c) 70.00.100A 4AN (ADR) - Africa/South America/Asia Pacific
d) 70.00.100A JP - Japan - but no inofficial firmware available
... I do not know of the exact countries in each region - perhaps they are mentioned at a *.txt of the hidrive server.

11. There are some restrictions, if you are at a lower firmware version than e.g. 56.xx - see txt-files at the hidrive-server for each region for details. E.g. below 31.00.100 update to that version first. And I guess if you want to update to .352 or .367 you might have to install 70.00.100 in between at some lower firmware versions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay so I was able to update it but for some reason I am unable to input anything into the putty terminal. When I first did the serial connection I was able to see what I typed. I am no longer able to see anything I type. I updated the firmware and then pasted the command to run the ID7 recovery and nothing happened. I did not even see the text get copied into the command prompt. Any ideas as to why?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry, but the topic is a little confusing and I guess you mixed something up/misunderstood it.

1. There is a process to enable the MZD/CMU to install tweaks via USB:
a) Firmware (FW) 55.xx - 59.00.449 -> installation is possible from factory
b) If you have one of the above versions, install the ID7 tweak from AIO, then update to a FW up to/including 70.00.100. Then the install of tweaks via USB will still be possible.
c) Installed 59.00.502 - 70.00.100: Serial access process ID7: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial
d) Installed 70.00.335 or 70.00.352: Serial access process ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 . Installation of .335 and above delete any tweaks including ID7/ID7v2.
e) Installed 70.00.367: No enabling/serial access possible!

2. Installation of most AIO Tweaks is possible for up to 70.00.352. BUT AIO Android Auto Tweak does not work at any FW 70.xx; so this tweak works best/most stable with 59.00.502.

3. If you do not want to use AIO tweaks use the latest FW 70.00.367. The higher = newer the version is, the less bug it has.

4. Same version update: You can update at least from 70.00.335 to same .335 and same with 70.00.352 to same .352. Thats interesting for the ID7v2 process linked above.

5. From any higher firmware-version you can downgrade as far as 59.00.502 (not further down).

6. All on your own risk. Mazda does not intend users to update the firmware. All provided firmware is inofficial - same as AIO tweaks. Read the firmware update manual prior to the update and stick to it to the word, as otherwise you could brick your MZD/CMU, which costs new around 1400 € in Germany.

7. You could do the serial access (see above 1 c)) to your current 70.00.021 and then install AIO tweaks (but not AIO Android Auto).

8. The info at the hidrive server (e.g. the *.txt-files) are maintened by someone who does not write something about AIO tweaks. So the official version is to always update to the latest firmware and not to an outdated one... but with the latest .367 you can not enabe the MZD/CMU for the installation of tweaks via USB.

9. The last letter of each firmware version does not have a known or big indication. I only know of 70.00.100A (nearly all models) and 70.00.100D (@ a CX-3), but I do not know any difference.

10. The region of the firmware is marked after the last letter. Examples:
a) 70.00.100A EU - Europe/Russia
b) 70.00.100A NA - North America
c) 70.00.100A 4AN (ADR) - Africa/South America/Asia Pacific
d) 70.00.100A JP - Japan - but no inofficial firmware available
... I do not know of the exact countries in each region - perhaps they are mentioned at a *.txt of the hidrive server.

11. There are some restrictions, if you are at a lower firmware version than e.g. 56.xx - see txt-files at the hidrive-server for each region for details. E.g. below 31.00.100 update to that version first. And I guess if you want to update to .352 or .367 you might have to install 70.00.100 in between at some lower firmware versions.
Hey, @Tristan-cx5! Wich tweaks are you running on v70? I'm on 56.00.230 (intentionally) because all my tweaks are running great, and I have installed many of them. Also, I modded/customized some tweaks myself (e.g. Speedometer, parking sensors image w/colorfull lines, including miniview). So I'm afraid that if I update to v70.00.100 will lose them. I assume that parking sensors mod will be lost, because on v56 the car image is horizontal while in higher versions is vertical.

Did you install videoplayer? Is it working? I use it to play videos for my children.

Tell me your experience, mate! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
"my" set of tweaks in my CX-5 KE:
  • Speedometer
  • No more Disclaimer
  • Reverse Camera Safety Warning
  • No more beeps
  • Semi-transparent parking sensor graphics (+extra tweaks for colors)
  • Order of Audio Source List

Most tweaks get deleted at a firmware update, as far as I know. But if you install ID7/Autorun before the update, you still can install your set of tweaks via USB again after the update to .100.
If the car image was horizontically and changed, I do not know - maybe at a Mazda3, but not at my CX-5 KE - at least I did not notice anything.
I have no experience with the videoplayer.

But why don`t you ask everyone? Then the chances are a lot higher for helping answers...

·
Registered
183 Posts
"my" set of tweaks in my CX-5 KE:
  • Speedometer
  • No more Disclaimer
  • Reverse Camera Safety Warning
  • No more beeps
  • Semi-transparent parking sensor graphics (+extra tweaks for colors)
  • Order of Audio Source List

Most tweaks get deleted at a firmware update, as far as I know. But if you install ID7/Autorun before the update, you still can install your set of tweaks via USB again after the update to .100.
If the car image was horizontically and changed, I do not know - maybe at a Mazda3, but not at my CX-5 KE - at least I did not notice anything.
I have no experience with the videoplayer.

But why don`t you ask everyone? Then the chances are a lot higher for helping answers...
Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I know tweaks will be deleted, I was asking to update to v70.00.100 just to keep the possibility to install tweaks again.

I asked you for 2 reasons: First of all for your knowledge and activity in the forum, so I'm thankful for your help. The other reason is because you and me were talking -a long time ago- about a script that someone made and we tested, cleaning dump files and japanese fonts.

Thanks!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts