2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have questions, you could just ask. I doubt that he will write a tutorial, as his post/annoncement is 8 month old...
thought he might still be writing it =)

right now i have 7.00.100 on my infotainment system and all the items needed. i never took apart my dashboard and i want to make sure i take it apart correctly without breaking any clips. i need to make sure the location of the tx and rx connectors is the same one as the picture as i dont want to take it apart to find something different and need to look it up to find what i need. i want to go just a single location to find an all in one step so i dont have multiple tabs open.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
According to your name you drive a 2017 CX-5 - I guess a KF (new model). I did a serial access 2 years ago at such a model. You can believe me, the rx and tx are there, as described - its the same for every MZD (except new MZD II at CX-30 and Mazda3 2019).

I guess you will not find a perfect manual in one spot for exactly your car, as there are so many cars/variants out there with different trims. Downloadlink for trim removal instructions

Photos of my serial access at a 2017 CX-5 KF back then:
01_CMU-Schrauben.jpg 02_Stecker.jpg 03_CMU von hinten.jpg 04_Masse.jpg 05_Stecker-Sicherungsleiste.jpg 06_eingepinntes RX- und TX-Kabel.jpg 07_Clips an Abdeckung daneben lösen-rausziehen.jpg 08_Clips daneben lösen.jpg

Hope this helps a little?

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to your name you drive a 2017 CX-5 - I guess a KF (new model). I did a serial access 2 years ago at such a model. You can believe me, the rx and tx are there, as described - its the same for every MZD (except new MZD II at CX-30 and Mazda3 2019).

I guess you will not find a perfect manual in one spot for exactly your car, as there are so many cars/variants out there with different trims. Downloadlink for trim removal instructions

Photos of my serial access at a 2017 CX-5 KF back then:
View attachment 278211 View attachment 278212 View attachment 278213 View attachment 278214 View attachment 278215 View attachment 278216 View attachment 278217 View attachment 278218

Hope this helps a little?
wow thanks alot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Trying to installed tweaks in a CX9 with V70 CMU. I want to confirm when I need to initiate the ID7 installation from Putty (ref: ID7 Recovery v2). After completion of the update, I tried sending the command in Putty when the text stopped scrolling, but nothing happens. I'm I missing something? Do I need to reboot the CMU first (switch car OFF and back to ACC)?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Which v70 do you have exactly? Which did you have and to which do you update to?
For ID7v2: Do not reboot after the firmware update! Directly at the end of the FW update you should paste the putty command.
Issue-Reason could be wrong process for v70 or cable not connected properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which v70 do you have exactly? Which did you have and to which do you update to?
For ID7v2: Do not reboot after the firmware update! Directly at the end of the FW update you should paste the putty command.
Issue-Reason could be wrong process for v70 or cable not connected properly.
I updated from 7.00.352 to 70.000.367 (latest version available on HiDrive share). The update was completed sucessfully. Tried a second time reinstalling 367 over 367, and completed again successfully. But everytime when I try to input the command in putty when text stopped after the update nothings happens. To confirm the Tx connection, I disconnected the wire and tried to hit ENTER. I this case the cursor did not change line. Connected Tx wire again, and when I hit ENTER the cursor changed line. So I guess the communication is good. But still, when I paste the command, and the cursor change line, but nothing else happens. My USB key constains the update file in the root, and the XX folder containing the ID7v2 files downloaded from the Mazdatweaks link. I will try again today.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
With .367 serial access/ID7v2 is not possible anymore. There is no way so far to enable .367 to install tweaks via usb. Its written often here in the forum. ID7v2 works only for .335 and .352. Reinstall .352 and at the end do the serial access/ID7v2. Then it will work.
Edit:
.352 (and all outdated firmware versions) can be found at the server in the folder "z develop/outdated" or something alike.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts