2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Perhaps one cable (TX=transmit) is not connected correct/tight.

When I did it (see post here), I could insert commands via copy&paste (@putty its not strg+v, it is right mouse click in active window only).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Perhaps one cable (TX=transmit) is not connected correct/tight.

When I did it (see post here), I could insert commands via copy&paste (@putty its not strg+v, it is right mouse click in active window only).
I believe I got autorun and recovery installed. When I input "ls -l /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin" I see all the files and folders in green and blue just like the picture on Mazdatweaks.com
Does that mean I'm done with serial connection? I tried to insert a USB with the tweaks installed but I do not see any message about them being installed and I haven't noticed any changes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Nevermind I finally got it!

I think I'm going to do another tutorial for this. There are a lot of things not mentioned in the tutorials on Mazdatweaks.com that somebody like me who is definitely tech savvy, did not understand.

·
Registered
40 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 Hi, I have version 70.00.200 4an, (strange for me), it unlocks it via serial without problems but when installing video player it tells me that I can brick the radio, do you know if it is compatible to accept?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I spent all day trying to install Mazda AIO on my 2019 Mazda CX-5 with FW V70.00.335.
I followed all the instructions and had serial access. I ran the commands, I believe the autorun script got installed. I only saw blue files in Putty, no green ones. I turned off the car, installed a USB drive that is formatted in FAT32 with the AIO tweaks on them and nothing happens.
It took me over an hour to figure out that the wires I bought from the guide on the Mazdatweaks.com website tutorial needed to be wire stripped to even go into the power&go connector (2S & 2T) and make contact. There were a few things from the guide that was different on my CX-5 so I'm hoping someone can help me figure it out. That is, if it's even possible to install it at all.

Thanks

Hi All, I have Mazda Cx-3 2019 sports version, I have downloaded the files, formatted the drive with FAT32, but nothing is happening I have spent 1hour sitting in the car.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
@mohsin : Your MZD firmware (FW) version (settings->system->about) is most probably too new. You can not install AIO Tweaks via USB (also not the ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO). Check, which version you have. You have to do the serial access, but it depends on the FW version, which one.
  • If you have up to/including 70.00.100 do the standard serial access: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial
  • If its above 70.00.100, you have to do the special serial access ID7v2 for higher FW versions: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 (also read the above link for knowlegde as basis), and yes you can copy/update FW .335 over .335 and/or .352 over .352 (and .352 over .335 certainly).
There is no other way to be able to install tweaks via USB again. But remember - tweaks are not necessary, just fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 Hi, I have version 70.00.200 4an, (strange for me), it unlocks it via serial without problems but when installing video player it tells me that I can brick the radio, do you know if it is compatible to accept?
@
@mohsin : Your MZD firmware (FW) version (settings->system->about) is most probably too new. You can not install AIO Tweaks via USB (also not the ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO). Check, which version you have. You have to do the serial access, but it depends on the FW version, which one.
  • If you have up to/including 70.00.100 do the standard serial access: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial
  • If its above 70.00.100, you have to do the special ID7v2 for higher FW versions: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 (also read the above link for knowlegde as basis), and yes you can copy/update FW .335 over .335 and/or .352 over .352 (and .352 over .335 certainly).
There is no other way to be able to install tweaks via USB again. But remember - tweaks are not necessary, just fun.
Hi
  • If its above 70.00.100, you have to do the special ID7v2 for higher FW versions: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 (also read the above link for knowlegde as basis), and yes you can copy/update FW .335 over .335 and/or .352 over .352 (and .352 over .335 certainly).

Hi, yes its the most up-to-date version. But I don't wanna open dashboard or anything because there's a chance of warranty void if something is gone.

I did read that post, but isn't there any other way except serial link ? Can't I downgrade the software somehow

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
A FW downgrade is possible, but only as down as 59.00.502. And thats the version at which you also need to do serial access. So there is no other option for you than I wrote above. Serial access is necessary, if you want to install tweaks via usb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi. i need help. firmware 70.00.335 eu n. mazda cx5 kf 2019.
i can not logining in putty.
after pressing the Enter button in the terminal, the login text does not appear :((((((((((
5 hours without result.
reset and shutdowns every 60 seconds did not help.
noticed that an inscription with a login appears only during a reboot, but I can’t enter or paste "user" because the terminal freezes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FW 70 is supported, even if the website is not up to date. I installed AIO tweaks at FW 70 myself.

For 70.00.335 use the ID7v2 instructions at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. You can install .335 over .335 as often as you want. So you have unlimited trys to install ID7v2 directly after the FW update, which is necessary.
hi. i need help. firmware 70.00.335 eu n. mazda cx5 kf 2019.
i can not logining in putty.
after pressing the Enter button in the terminal, the login text does not appear :((((((((((
5 hours without result.
reset and shutdowns every 60 seconds did not help.
noticed that an inscription with a login appears only during a reboot, but I can’t enter or paste "user" because the terminal freezes.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sounds to me as if your wires are not stripped enough and have no connection. Strip your wires more, put them in deeper. Then try again (1st test at your current FW, then if it works FW update to .335 or .354 & at the end serial access via putty).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nevermind I finally got it!

I think I'm going to do another tutorial for this. There are a lot of things not mentioned in the tutorials on Mazdatweaks.com that somebody like me who is definitely tech savvy, did not understand.
Hi, did you manage to get the new tutorial done? I'm thinking of attempting to do this, but just not confident enough to attempt it. Not sure if following the mazda tweaks alone would be sufficient.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts