2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I spent all day trying to install Mazda AIO on my 2019 Mazda CX-5 with FW V70.00.335.
I followed all the instructions and had serial access. I ran the commands, I believe the autorun script got installed. I only saw blue files in Putty, no green ones. I turned off the car, installed a USB drive that is formatted in FAT32 with the AIO tweaks on them and nothing happens.
It took me over an hour to figure out that the wires I bought from the guide on the Mazdatweaks.com website tutorial needed to be wire stripped to even go into the power&go connector (2S & 2T) and make contact. There were a few things from the guide that was different on my CX-5 so I'm hoping someone can help me figure it out. That is, if it's even possible to install it at all.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Hi,

I spent all day trying to install Mazda AIO on my 2019 Mazda CX-5 with FW V70.00.335.
I followed all the instructions and had serial access. I ran the commands, I believe the autorun script got installed. I only saw blue files in Putty, no green ones. I turned off the car, installed a USB drive that is formatted in FAT32 with the AIO tweaks on them and nothing happens.
It took me over an hour to figure out that the wires I bought from the guide on the Mazdatweaks.com website tutorial needed to be wire stripped to even go into the power&go connector (2S & 2T) and make contact. There were a few things from the guide that was different on my CX-5 so I'm hoping someone can help me figure it out. That is, if it's even possible to install it at all.

Thanks
MazdaConnect v70 isn't supported.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FW 70 is supported, even if the website is not up to date. I installed AIO tweaks at FW 70 myself.

For 70.00.335 use the ID7v2 instructions at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. You can install .335 over .335 as often as you want. So you have unlimited trys to install ID7v2 directly after the FW update, which is necessary.
Where is the update.up file at? I don't see any link for it.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Still at the same inofficial hidrive server - if you are located in the US, as your flag aside your name indicates, then you have to choose "NA N" (north america) folder for the 70.00.335 update file. Stick to the also there available firmware update procedure PDF to the word - and read it before starting the process. Its all on your own risk, inofficial and not recommended by Mazda to be done by car owners - just as info.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
FW 70 is supported, even if the website is not up to date. I installed AIO tweaks at FW 70 myself.

For 70.00.335 use the ID7v2 instructions at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. You can install .335 over .335 as often as you want. So you have unlimited trys to install ID7v2 directly after the FW update, which is necessary.
Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still at the same inofficial hidrive server - if you are located in the US, as your flag aside your name indicates, then you have to choose "NA N" (north america) folder for the 70.00.335 update file. Stick to the also there available firmware update procedure PDF to the word - and read it before starting the process. Its all on your own risk, inofficial and not recommended by Mazda to be done by car owners - just as info.
I was following the instructions from the website and I saw the update.up file mentioned but theres no link on the mazda aio website. This makes a lot more sense. So I just flash this update firmware and then I can install the tweaks?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
No, just flashing the new firmware .335 does not enable you to install tweaks via usb.

For .335 you have to follow the new serial connection manual/ID7v2 at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. For a better understanding it might help, if you also read about the old serial connection at www.mazdatweaks.com/serial. At .335 you have to do a serial connection directly after the firmware update.

For more details about ID7v2 for .335 there is a separate post about it: ID7 Recovery v2

·
Registered
168 Posts
No, just flashing the new firmware .335 does not enable you to install tweaks via usb.

For .335 you have to follow the new serial connection manual/ID7v2 at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. For a better understanding it might help, if you also read about the old serial connection at www.mazdatweaks.com/serial. At .335 you have to do a serial connection directly after the firmware update.
Hi tristan, in v70.00.335 fw just wondering have you install the mazda aio video player tweak? Does it work plays videos properly no lags/stuttering? Can it play mp4 videos from usb stick without memory issues? As u have not mentioned this tweak when you got id7v2 working on your fw v70.00.335 in another thread (id7 recovery 2 page3). Thank you.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
No, I have not installed the video tweak. One or two tweaks I had to adapt to work at .335 - but others and I already wrote about that here in the forum somewhere.

Perhaps others have installed the AIO video tweak at .335 and can answer your questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

For more details about ID7v2 for .335 there is a separate post about it: ID7 Recovery v2
Right, directly after firmware update I can install ID7v2 via serial connection and then install the tweaks? I appreciate your help. I wasn't able to get a serial connection again. Yesterday I was able to and I saw the text flying down the screen. Today, for some reason I haven't been able to see any text flying across screen. I've changed the wires and still nothing. I have the TX going into the bottom power&go connector and RX going right above it just like yesterday. I think the CP2102 module I have might of broke because it gets extremely hot and yesterday it didn't get hot like this. I ordered another one and I'll try to do it again

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I have not installed the video tweak. One or two tweaks I had to adapt to work at .335 - but others and I already wrote about that here in the forum somewhere.

Perhaps others have installed the AIO video tweak at .335 and can answer your questions.
Hey,
I'm trying to update the firmware however after I follow the steps exactly as described and use the diagnostics panel to hit 99 and update via the USB it doesn't find the update file. It says no update found or something along those lines. Do you know whats going on? I downloaded the update file from the link and have it on a USB that is formatted for FAT32 along with the xx folder for the recovery. I'm also connected via serial interface while trying to do this. I already followed all the steps to the tee.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Is the "update.up-file" in the root of the usb? Does the MZD recognize the usb at all? Have you tried another usb stick? Have you checked the checksum of the downloades file? A how to is also somewhere at the hidrive server. Have you downloaded the file again and copied it new to the usb stick? Thats what I would check if I had your issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Is the "update.up-file" in the root of the usb? Does the MZD recognize the usb at all? Have you tried another usb stick? Have you checked the checksum of the downloades file? A how to is also somewhere at the hidrive server. Have you downloaded the file again and copied it new to the usb stick? Thats what I would check if I had your issue.
Yes it's in the root. Yes mazda recognizes the USB stick. I'm trying another USB stick now and as for the how to I am following that to the letter. It doesn't mention what to do if the file is not recognized.

Edit: Also did the checksum. File is fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kindly keep us posted. I'm in a similar situation. I had modded .335 then did the CarPlay upgrade. Later, I attempted serial access a second time with the new firmware and had something wrong. There was a zap, the USB adapter blew, and my laptop died until I opened it up and pulled the battery inside. No bueno and scared to try it a third time. ;)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
@xtc64 : You could try to download/copy another/lower FW to the usb and check if this file will be recognized by the mzd update process. This way you could see if its a fault of the usb stick or of the .335 file.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess it was the USB stick. I was able to gain serial access and update it with a different stick however at the end of the process when all of the text stop I was unable to input anything into the command prompt. Not sure why. I'll have another go tomorrow. This process is tedious at best.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kindly keep us posted. I'm in a similar situation. I had modded .335 then did the CarPlay upgrade. Later, I attempted serial access a second time with the new firmware and had something wrong. There was a zap, the USB adapter blew, and my laptop died until I opened it up and pulled the battery inside. No bueno and scared to try it a third time. ;)
I had to order a new CP2102 module. It came in today and I was able to verify that my original one did in fact break. It was getting extremely hot when I tried to gain serial access on monday and I was unable to get anything despite having successfully gained access the day prior. Every step forward I end up facing a new problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@xtc64 : You could try to download/copy another/lower FW to the usb and check if this file will be recognized by the mzd update process. This way you could see if its a fault of the usb stick or of the .335 file.
Okay so I was able to update it but for some reason I am unable to input anything into the putty terminal. When I first did the serial connection I was able to see what I typed. I am no longer able to see anything I type. I updated the firmware and then pasted the command to run the ID7 recovery and nothing happened. I did not even see the text get copied into the command prompt. Any ideas as to why?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts