2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car used and the touchscreen functionality didn't work, so I've never been able to use tweaks since the control knob wasn't able to select the appropriate commands. I am planning on replacing the screen and want to install AA myself, but read here that I needed serial access when updating to v70, which I did not have at the time of the update. Am I misunderstanding the instructions or is there another option to gain root privileges? I have the new screen and serial converter coming in tomorrow and wanted to have everything ready beforehand, but this last thing has me stumped. I am following this guide, which was the easiest for me to follow, but couldn't find too much information on modding the car with v70 installed. I know there is the OEM retrofit kit which I would consider using, but doesn't allow touchscreen use above ~5mph. Is it possible to use AIO to unlock the touchscreen with official AA?

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
164 Posts
I would recommend that you change the firmware to one of 59.00.502 - 59.00.545, since AA from AIO does not work on 70 firmware.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend that you change the firmware to one of 59.00.502 - 59.00.545, since AA from AIO does not work on 70 firmware.
Okay thank you. For that I would simply flash the FW version but do the failsafe first and reinstall 2nd, correct?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
FW 70 does recognize USB sticks (FAT32) for FW updates and mp3 files. So a downgrade or upgrade of the FW is possible.
Just the installation of AIO Tweaks via USB might not be possible anymore (from factory since 59.00.502, if you did not install ID7 or later ID7v2).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FW 70 does recognize USB sticks (FAT32) for FW updates and mp3 files. So a downgrade or upgrade of the FW is possible.
Just the installation of AIO Tweaks via USB might not be possible anymore (from factory since 59.00.502, if you did not install ID7 or later ID7v2).
Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts