2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dash cam ready to install in my 2015 Mazda 3 hatchback. before I go on a road trip. I have found the fuses in the driver side lower left. How do I hide the wire to this location? How do I pull the trim on the window post to get a wire under there?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can you not plug directly into the USB in the armrest? If so, I was able to mount the camera under the rearview mirror and route and tuck the wire in the headliner, down the inner paneling at the door seal, under the glove compartment, along the underside of the center console, and up into the arm rest.

That sounds like a lot, but with a panel pulling tool (you really only need to use it to push) it goes quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You may be able to tuck the wires behind the trim piece without removing the whole trim. A flexible plastic tool, such as an old credit card, can help to push the wires under the trim without damaging them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you not plug directly into the USB in the armrest? If so, I was able to mount the camera under the rearview mirror and route and tuck the wire in the headliner, down the inner paneling at the door seal, under the glove compartment, along the underside of the center console, and up into the arm rest.

That sounds like a lot, but with a panel pulling tool (you really only need to use it to push) it goes quickly.
I found a video. lift up the trim on the ceiling. tuck the wire under the top of the door post trim, pull the rubber seal and tuck it into gap.

I then had to wire the ground and an always on wire and an accessory wire that is only powered when the car is on. This needed for the advanced feature. With the car on the dash cam is filming. At other times it has a parking mode. If the car is bumped it films for a few minutes. It took about under 2 hours to get the camera installed and wired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts