2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...And I thought I would post a pic. This setup definitely took the sharpness out of the crap CA roads I have to drive on. I haven't gotten it mad on corners yet, but it seems to keep more level on the various off/on ramps I have to use.

My 2012 3s 6-Speed has the following:

- Koni FSD's (Gold) at all corners
- Racing Beat Springs
- Racing Beat rear sway bar
- RX-8 Factory 18x8 wheels
- 90% BFGoodrich G-Force Comp2 A/S at all corners.

It's riding nice, and I will post more as time goes by. I did notice as well that the road noise in the car a little lessened as well, even with my upgraded rear/lower engine mount I've installed.

Attachments

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
sweet look, normally not a fan of black on black like that but you have the mix right (ie not blacking out EVERYTHING, which I hate) and good window tint mix. how much lowering did you get with that setup, looks like about /5-.75 of an inch ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct, sir. .5 Inches in the front and .7 in the rear (or so it says on the box the springs came in). I have yet to measure it, but I think it's right. Getting an alignment tomorrow to make sure my rubbers are going to wear awkwardly. Next thing I will be doing is removing hte Bose amp and installing a 5-channel Alpine + components for the fronts and new 3.5 inchers in the rear and a sub.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
You are correct, sir. .5 Inches in the front and .7 in the rear (or so it says on the box the springs came in). I have yet to measure it, but I think it's right. Getting an alignment tomorrow to make sure my rubbers are going to wear awkwardly. Next thing I will be doing is removing hte Bose amp and installing a 5-channel Alpine + components for the fronts and new 3.5 inchers in the rear and a sub.
yeah I used to do bad ass stereos but I have grown weary of it, too much time, effort, money and tuning and once it s in I get that I can always make this sound better if I just tune more so im always messing with it, im keeping the bose for this because I no longer have the time to do it myself and don't feel like paying someone to tear my car apart wire shit wrong and mess my car up. plus with gonemad music player on my galaxy s7 a carefully tuned eq (in the app) (car is set flat at bass and treble +-0) I can shake the mirrors and vibrate the outer panels plus it has a good amount of bass for rock and metal I don't listen to rap or anything but rock from the 60s up heavy metal metal of many types actually (metal head if my picture on my profile and the demon spawn member status and disturbed song quote did not give that away) hard rock and alternative, and the bose system is well balanced for this kind of music. hell road and track rated it as one of the 10 best premium audio systems in 2011, so it cant be too bad. I got tired of the "my systems louder then yours" and you can hear me from 3 miles away crap. im tired of dropping money and time to just tear it out when I sell/wreck the car or something breaks and have to do it over again. it lost the fun factor, building computers and washing and tuning the car are more enjoyable now. just need a better car to tune on mine is a 2.5 automatic and the autos are snails manuals are fairly quick though I want a focus rs (uses the same engine as the speed 3 with some different ford top end parts) or a civic type r but those look like 16yr old dumbasses wet dream cars or like someone went on ebay and bought every spoiler and body kit they could and bolted it on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts