2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,143 Posts
They would need to install a new USB port and update your system.

It costs a few hundred to have a dealer do it.
CK

·
Registered
112 Posts
They would need to install a new USB port and update your system.

It costs a few hundred to have a dealer do it.
CK
they allot 1.5 hours for the installation...when I had mine retrofitted back in June 2018 to my '17, it was $199.99 for the parts and 1.5 labor (@ $140/hr). Now I just saw the dealer with their 'service special' if you use their coupon, but it is now way more expensive to install...glad I did mine early when they released the parts to retrofit the older mazdas !

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
they allot 1.5 hours for the installation...when I had mine retrofitted back in June 2018 to my '17, it was $199.99 for the parts and 1.5 labor (@ $140/hr). Now I just saw the dealer with their 'service special' if you use their coupon, but it is now way more expensive to install...glad I did mine early when they released the parts to retrofit the older mazdas !
Did you notice any improvement in audio quality when plugging into the USB (Flash drive) or auxiliary input (headphone jack)?

They replace the auxiliary input too, if I remember correctly?

I checked on it about a year ago at my dealership and was quoted $340 for the whole thing.
CK

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
67 Posts
I got the kit on Amazon for $150 and did it myself. It took about 30 minutes.
And if you need to update it yourself before you install that is easy and doesn’t take long either. It took me about 45 minutes. Just saying, idk why anyone would pay more and wait longer.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
That's why I didn't go through with it... tbh.

I had read how inexpensive the kit was and there are a few how to videos on here for the installation.. even some tricks.

My main concern is audio quality though.. did you notice any improvements or changes after updating? TIA
CK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts