2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, just got a 2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback and I'm just looking around the web to see what's available for parts to upgrade it with; I already have a laundry list of things I want to get for it lol.

Does anyone have experience with the Injen Mazda- X-Pedal Pro Throttle controller? I haven't seen any posts here with it being discussed but it sounds like an interesting piece of equipment (if it actually does what it says).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
All this seems to do from what I can see is to trick the ecu as to where the throttle is. I fail to see the point.

If you want more power, look at getting the OV tune that others rave about here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There's nothing that the controller can do that my right foot can't.

Want 'faster' acceleration? Just do that with your foot.

Want 'better' gas mileage? Don't push the pedal so hard, leave a larger gap in front of you in traffic and keep your speed more consistent.

Unless you're playing with fuel maps, messing around with throttle response with plugins won't result in any greater performance.

·
Super Moderator
5,985 Posts
I don't see the Mazda 3 BM on the compatibility list.

Save your money and get an OV Tune with throttle response recalibration.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Sooooooo like the other members that have responded I as well have no experience with the Injen Mazda- X-Pedal Pro Throttle controller.
However without contacting and talking directly to them you don't know what it does or does not do effecting the ECU. IMHO there are some key advertising wording that has me think there is more to this product then what some may be guessing at? However unless someone makes the call, its only speculation on everyones part isn't it?
I know there are many members that support some ECU calibration upgrade kits and such but from what I have seen none presently offer as much diversity in adjustment on the throttle % ECU input as the Injen Mazda- X-Pedal Pro Throttle controller which may and may not have and by any means what a Peddle commander does have. Contacting Peddle Commander and talking to their sales or better the technical department I am sure would be a great learning experience.
I personally use a Pedal Commander which does input information to the ECU which changes more then simple percentages of the throttle position relative the throttle pedal angle. My Ultra Gauge monitors several dozens PIDs and when I change the settings on my Peddle Commander I can see changes in at least a few other PID fields.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, just got a 2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback and I'm just looking around the web to see what's available for parts to upgrade it with; I already have a laundry list of things I want to get for it lol.

Does anyone have experience with the Injen Mazda- X-Pedal Pro Throttle controller? I haven't seen any posts here with it being discussed but it sounds like an interesting piece of equipment (if it actually does what it says).

Thanks!
If you are interested in getting more throttle response, get the OVT throttle response add-on for the tune. You will love the difference, and there is currently nothing on the market that can have such a dramatic effect on the immediacy feel of the throttle.

If you would like to re-program the pedal settings, MazdaEdit has maps that you or your tuner can easily modify. This is the software OVT mainly uses for tuning our plastform. I edited the main relevant map to make clutch uptake a little smoother by simply adding a bit less throttle to low pedal pressure areas using MazdaEdit personal version (allows editing). Here is what this pedal % vs. throttle duty % map looks like (under 2D maps) with the settings that have worked well for my Mazda3 skyactiv 2.0 manual- I found that an exponential type curve works better than linear (stock) for smoothness and reduced touchiness of the throttle during cluch uptake and daily driving. I also posted the stock map below.

My custom map:

Throttle vs. pedal position map- Custom.jpg

Stock:

Throttle vs. pedal position map- Stock.jpg

If you already have an OV tune, good news! You can ask Mat to make adjustments to the map. I would expect this to have the same effect as those pedal commander type products, so don't waste your money on something that a tune can match if not exceed :)

Feel free to post your custom maps if you find settings that work well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts