2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering if i could get some feed back on which intake to go with. I Cant decide between the two and was wondering if anyone has any postitive feed back regarding either of the items or if one is superior to the other, thanks.

I drive a 2011 Sport 2.5L 6spd.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the reply guys, still haven't made my mind up but when i commit to buying one i guess i really cant go wrong with either option.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Since I am thinking of getting one of them too, I have a question about this... Are they both able to convert to SRI? I just want to know coz I would like to be able to convert to SRI on rainy season... thanks in advance...

·
Registered
111 Posts
the takeda intake does not even though it shows 2 seperate pieces it doesnt have the room to convert it

Cold Air Intake System Takeda Mazda 3 10-11 L4-2.5L TA-4107P - aFe Power

the injen system only shows either with or w/o a hear shield - not sure what the point is there since the filter is placed away from heat under the car - maybe as a splash shield ?

Injen - : - Performance Air Intake Systems, Exhaust Systems, Turbo Components, and Air Filters for Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, ATV's, Boats, and more!

there is also AEM - which could potentially turn into a short ram - I guess it depends on how much room is actually there for the filter with the angle of the shorter tube

21-695C - AEM , AEM Cold Air Intake System

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Since I am thinking of getting one of them too, I have a question about this... Are they both able to convert to SRI? I just want to know coz I would like to be able to convert to SRI on rainy season... thanks in advance...
Basically if it is a 2 pipe design, I couldn't find a pic of the Injen (I am pretty sure it's 2 pipes), you can run it as a SRI.

Cold Air Intake System Takeda Mazda 3 10-11 L4-2.5L TA-4107P - aFe Power

You should just stick the filter on the end of pipe1 (where the coupler is)

·
Black Mica
374 Posts
Always been a fan of Injen products on my previous cars and never have I had problems w/ them. Though I got the CS SRI (on my 2010 MZ3), I'd hang on to Injen if making a purchase.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have had my injen cai for 7 months and I like it more than ever. You can't go wrong with either one but with the injen cai you have the option of converting it to Sri. Not sure about takeda.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are CAI's louder than SRI?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts