2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is in the wrong place

I just got the Infotainment system flashed with v33, not sure if it is any improvement (over v30), or not yet, but:

I had one problem that kinda blew my mind. I tried to play a couple of Podcasts and it saw them, but never played them, and after originally displaying the title, it changed the title to "Unknown"

What really got me was, after that when I tried to play songs that I've never had any issues with in Infotainment, it would call the song "Unknown", quickly read the entire album (on its own), mark all the songs as "Unknown" - and GRAY THEM OUT ON MY IPHONE.

I then can't play them on the iPhone any more either.

Most of my songs were ripped from original CDs, so I don't see any DRM issues.

Is this a known issue ? a v33 issue ? anybody have this happen ?

I ended up removing all the music from the phone, and reloading it from my PC. I reset the Infotainment system and now again have no issues with those songs, but it was several hours of effort, and I really don't won't to go thru that again.

This Infotainment unit will probably be the reason I don't buy another Mazda.

·
Registered
125 Posts
sorry if this is in the wrong place

That's unfortunate but yes it is definitely buggy. That said virtually every other car platform I've used has also had bugs and compatibility issues including BMW and Mercedes. The only after market platform that comes close is the parrot asteroid smart.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had one problem that kinda blew my mind. I tried to play a couple of Podcasts and it saw them, but never played them, and after originally displaying the title, it changed the title to "Unknown"

I'm having the exact same podcast issue, but I think mine was related to the iOS 8 update; I was able to play podcasts when I was on v33 and iOS 7. Problem seems to be with how the system is accessing the phone's directories; podcasts are no longer accessible via the music app. If you start a podcast on your phone from the podcast app, and then enter the car, the Bluetooth audio should continue that podcast without issue. Definitely a bummer though.

I also had strange Bluetooth to USB audio switching bugs that have been mostly ironed out with this latest update to iOS 8.1 this week. Still can't play podcasts though ?

I'm fine with frequent updates, I just wish I could easily install them myself like on my phone. As for future updates, I'm hoping Apple CarPlay comes sooner than later; the hooks are apparently already in v33's code. Here's hoping.

=======
Peter R.
2014 Mazda3 sGT HB (3/2014) | Meteor Gray
OS v33.00.500 | Gracenote v.03 (8/2014) | iPhone 5s (iOS 8.0.2)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm having the exact same podcast issue, but I think mine was related to the iOS 8 update; I was able to play podcasts when I was on v33 and iOS 7. Problem seems to be with how the system is accessing the phone's directories; podcasts are no longer accessible via the music app. If you start a podcast on your phone from the podcast app, and then enter the car, the Bluetooth audio should continue that podcast without issue. Definitely a bummer though.

I also had strange Bluetooth to USB audio switching bugs that have been mostly ironed out with this latest update to iOS 8.1 this week. Still can't play podcasts though ?

I'm fine with frequent updates, I just wish I could easily install them myself like on my phone. As for future updates, I'm hoping Apple CarPlay comes sooner than later; the hooks are apparently already in v33's code. Here's hoping.

=======
Peter R.
2014 Mazda3 sGT HB (3/2014) | Meteor Gray
OS v33.00.500 | Gracenote v.03 (8/2014) | iPhone 5s (iOS 8.0.2)
When you say the hooks already in the v33 coding, could you clarify? I'm interested lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts