2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CMU DTC 1 - B108E04 (Display - system internal failure) ?

Please help, I want to upgrade my ancient infotainment to latest version. As per insytuction, I need to check " Read AVC DTC" by pressing 3 on debug screen. I am getting " CMU DTC 1 - B108E04 (Display - system internal failure) on screen when i check AVC DTC.
Anyone know, what it is? how it can be fixed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please help, I want to upgrade my ancient infotainment to latest version. As per insytuction, I need to check " Read AVC DTC" by pressing 3 on debug screen. I am getting " CMU DTC 1 - B108E04 (Display - system internal failure) on screen when i check AVC DTC.
Can I still upgrade the firmware after clearing the error by pressing 2? Will appreciate help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same DTC, had to take it to the dealer for upgrade. I would like to know what it means too because my system bounces around sometimes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
B108E04

Alguna solucion al error

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have a suggestion on this issue? Is it ok to just ignore this error and continue with firmware upgrade?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
See this PDF - sounds as if it`s no problem to have this DTC and that you could update the MZD Firmware.
The PDF is a Mazda Service Information with the title: "Subject: Improper Detection of DTC B108E:04 (Center Display Internal Malfunction) without any malfunction, E006/14 , Mazda3 (BM) with Center Display, worldwide.
If this DTC is stored without any malfunction of the center display or connectivity master unit (CMU), it is not necessary to attempt any further diagnosis/repair and the vehicle can be returned to the customer as it is. (You can clear the DTC but it may be stored again.) "

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anyone have a suggestion on this issue? Is it ok to just ignore this error and continue with firmware upgrade?
What happens after clearing DTC? (2 Enter) and reading again (3 Enter) if it doesn't return you're good to go. It could be result of a transient.

DTC B108E:04 [CONNECTIVITY MASTER UNIT]

Description
Center display internal malfunction​
Detection condition
  • The connectivity master unit (CMU) detected a center display internal malfunction for 5 s or more with the ignition switched ON (engine off or on).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts