2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've recently updated [myself] my infotainment system from v20.xx to v33. In doing so, I've noticed that the over all system is relatively quicker with the exception of the artist selection function of the USB input. I have a 5th gen iPod touch with roughly 16gb [~300] of music that the system seems to be struggling to parse. Now, on v20 the system was able to parse the, preseumibly, XML file with ease, but it would take some time for the audio to play from initial start up [around 30 seconds or so]. After the update, the USB plays near instantly but takes up to 4 or 5 minutes to parse the artists / songs / albums.

That being said, I'd like to downgrade the system if no one has any possible fixes that I could try. I've gone through the infotainment system thread and was met with a bunch of dead links or password protected ZIP files.

Can someone please link me to where I can find another working link for any other version OS?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi All,

I've recently updated [myself] my infotainment system from v20.xx to v33. In doing so, I've noticed that the over all system is relatively quicker with the exception of the artist selection function of the USB input. I have a 5th gen iPod touch with roughly 16gb [~300] of music that the system seems to be struggling to parse. Now, on v20 the system was able to parse the, preseumibly, XML file with ease, but it would take some time for the audio to play from initial start up [around 30 seconds or so]. After the update, the USB plays near instantly but takes up to 4 or 5 minutes to parse the artists / songs / albums.

That being said, I'd like to downgrade the system if no one has any possible fixes that I could try. I've gone through the infotainment system thread and was met with a bunch of dead links or password protected ZIP files.

Can someone please link me to where I can find another working link for any other version OS?

There are links through-out the Infotainment project thread and I believe they're on the Mazda3 hacks website now. However, I do not think anyone has downgraded the system yet.

Regarding the load times and play times, I do not doubt that they changed the system handles USB media between v20 and v33. I believe someone else had a thread about slow loading times with their iPod and found that updating the song ID tags through iTunes fixed the issue. I have no clue how to do that, but I'm sure Ol' Google knows how. I'd give that a shot first and see if that changes anything. If not, maybe try removing some music from the iPod and see if it loads up any faster.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just chiming in regarding updating the song ID3 files... Didn't work for me. I downloaded an app to batch process my entire library and think I did everything right. USB loading is still extremely slow and I'm still unable to navigate between music and podcasts.

Switched to Bluetooth for now...

=======
Peter R.
2014 Mazda3 sGT HB (3/2014) | Meteor Gray
OS v33.00.500 | Gracenote v.03 (8/2014) | iPhone 5s (iOS 8.1)

·
Registered
48 Posts
How can I do mazda CMU firmware downgrade?

Does anyone know the method?
It was already described on forum. In comparison to upgrade, you need to reverse the order of files uploaded in CMU. (reinstall.up,failsafe.up). I do not know how many people tested or performed it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was already described on forum. In comparison to upgrade, you need to reverse the order of files uploaded in CMU. (reinstall.up,failsafe.up). I do not know how many people tested or performed it.
Thanks for your answer. I will try this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can anyone verify that when downgrading the infotainment software, does the Gracenote version also get automatically downgraded? I wish to do the Gracenote abort installation 'fix' but I cannot at the moment due to having a 2017 and having the latest version of Gracenote already.

Edit: nevermind! I just read the MZD connect thread that specifically states that if your vehicle shipped with v59 DO NOT downgrade or there is a huge risk of a brick. bummer! I have to get rid of this Gracenote

1 - 9 of 9 Posts