2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they still do free updates after the warranty is out?
They never fixed the problems when I got the last 3 updates. I'm hoping the newest update will work better for me.

·
Mazda Fresher
125 Posts
I'm still on an older x.441 firmware on my 2017 GT3, so I fixed the niggles I had with the infotainment via the tweaks app. Full disclaimer though, if you have a newer firmware it may brick your console. :) mazdatweaks.com

It doesn't look like the dealer bothered updating it before they sold it to me, not sure when they would unless you asked. Perhaps during a normal scheduled service?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It doesn't look like the dealer bothered updating it before they sold it to me, not sure when they would unless you asked. Perhaps during a normal scheduled service?
Had a scheduled maintenance about a year ago of my 2015 Mazda3. The guy on the service desk did mentioned about firmware upgrade even when told that I already did it with the latest version at that time. He then played smart on me & told me that I should have not done it 'cause it voids the warranty & that the technician gonna check the firmware version anyway to see if I really did have the latest. Post maintenance, it got me worried when I read on the maintenance notes that he did a firmware upgrade. When I checked my car, it still had the same Mazda Connect firmware version & wallpaper that I put prior to service. I think the service technician is obligated to perform & report a firmware upgrade during scheduled maintenance (if a new firmware comes out) even those not done by them but by the owner of the vehicle prior to service. Not sure though after warranty.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,444 Posts
During a regular service, I asked if they could upgrade the firmware on my car and they did it for free. My infotainment system used to freeze and reboot sometimes and the upgrade fixed it.

Neftin Mazda Westlake.
CK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts