2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Habitual Car Buyer
22 Posts
Car is two weeks old. Got Sirius to activate our demo/trial for sat radio. Called them back cuz still no live traffic on nav. Guess what? THERE IS NO LIVE TRAFFIC ON NAV!! And there's not going to be any - talk to those nice folks at MazdaConnect. "I'm sorry, we're working on a solution for that." Really? From what I've been able to find it's now a two year old problem - they couldn't solidify a contract with the data provider to stream to their nav system.

I have a request in to my dealer for a regional factory rep to find out what they're doing about it. In the mean time, has anyone addressed this issue here?

There are a LOT of unhappy nav owners with no live traffic. And now the 2016 Mazda6 comes with this fantastic unit!! Whoot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car is two weeks old. Got Sirius to activate our demo/trial for sat radio. Called them back cuz still no live traffic on nav. Guess what? THERE IS NO LIVE TRAFFIC ON NAV!! And there's not going to be any - talk to those nice folks at MazdaConnect. "I'm sorry, we're working on a solution for that." Really? From what I've been able to find it's now a two year old problem - they couldn't solidify a contract with the data provider to stream to their nav system.

I have a request in to my dealer for a regional factory rep to find out what they're doing about it. In the mean time, has anyone addressed this issue here?

There are a LOT of unhappy nav owners with no live traffic. And now the 2016 Mazda6 comes with this fantastic unit!! Whoot!
I have a 2014 and it has been that way since the get-go. :frown2:

I bought my 2014 3 in December of 2013. Live traffic was an option and worked when connected to a wifi hotspot. When spring 2014 Nav update came out it disabled the Live Traffic. The service was still being advertised as a feature on Mazda's website at the time. I complained to my dealer but it didn't really go any where. I thought about getting a class action lawsuit for anyone that purchased the vehicle prior to it being disabled but I didn't have the time to pursue it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
all i care about is n option to mirror our cellphones to the CMU. NAV will always be outdated as a SD card solution
Exactly. Where is this phantom V.60 update that we were told would include Android Auto and Carplay? All manufacturers need to stop trying to make their own systems, all of which blow, and just let us have phone integration.

·
DrivingDoc
74 Posts
Manufacture's Doesn't really Care

When the dealers sell you a car, they do it to make money. i have been car shopping for my brother and for the last 10 dealer ships i have gone too none of them know what carplay is and if its coming to their system. even the hyundai dealers didn't know that. As far as carplay for us seems like a very far fetched idea since the last time i checked mazda doesn't inform people about whats coming and whats disappearing. i was exited to have connected something on the high tech infotainment and here comes v30 and bam! its gone.

Sorry just very disappointed at Mazda. Having an amazingly designed car and a poor infotainment system really ruins the whole damn thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm sure they could, but I'm also sure they won't answer questions from people trying to hack the system to install unsupported apps...

We're on our own here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I only have one issue - how use https in Opera without errors?
I tried to add javascript with https url and its return error.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Could JC can tell us, what is new root password of 56.00.513 firmware version, because it has changed, not "jci" anymore!

And could somebody tell me, how to contact to Johnson Control Inc to ask about new root password of 56.00.513 firmware version?

Thank everybody!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could JC can tell us, what is new root password of 56.00.513 firmware version, because it has changed, not "jci" anymore!

And could somebody tell me, how to contact to Johnson Control Inc to ask about new root password of 56.00.513 firmware version?

Thank everybody!
i need this as well... please tell me if you found it... thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts

Thank everybody!
Haha, JCI will never give you that password. If it's been changed, it's because they found too many people had it and were making changes to their software... Maybe even because too many people posted the password here in public posts. They didn't give it to @Duck in the first place, he just happened to be able to crack it. All of these changes are unauthorized and void your warranty on the system, so there's no way that JCI will give up that password.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts