2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Funny you should say that! Because I have noted that the Navigation voice calls state highway numbers "A(highway number)" roads. Just like in England. You may have discovered the problem...my American accent! I will have to ask a British friend of mine to try it and see if it works okay for her. Ha!

·
Registered
137 Posts
So i got a reply from Visteon and they basically referred me back to Mazda with regards to the radio coming with DAB. They even suggested that the heat a new radio would generate would require a rework in the dash area! :surprise:

So I have mailed mazda UK and will see what they say. Hoping that they will change the unit out, even if there is a small charge.

·
Registered
574 Posts
So i got a reply from Visteon and they basically referred me back to Mazda with regards to the radio coming with DAB. They even suggested that the heat a new radio would generate would require a rework in the dash area! :surprise:

So I have mailed mazda UK and will see what they say. Hoping that they will change the unit out, even if there is a small charge.
That's pretty much what I got back from them too. "Oh, it no workie? Go to the dealer, they'll figure it out" I was really hoping that they'd be concerned with a bunch of people all contacting them reporting the same or similar issues.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just got this reply from Mazda

There is currently no plan for DAB to be a factory option on the Mazda3 range (Although it is becoming available on both the upgraded Mazda6 and CX-5 models in the very near future) so unfortunately there is no unit to swap to add DAB as a factory solution into the your vehicle. We are currently working with a supplier to offer an aftermarket solution for DAB which instead of rebroadcasting on an FM station using a modulator, will recreate an MP3 file and will playback through the USB port – This should be available through the Mazda dealer network shortly,

Interesting that they are working on something, but and MP3 file? How will that work, also what about the broadcast tagging for info and track names etc....

Should be interesting!

·
UK Member
60 Posts
Well the uptake of DAB was so low in the UK it was a dated system when they introduced it, its seversl generations behind other countries. They were supposed to have switched the analogue signal off several years ago, but realised 90% of radios are still analogue.

There was debate as to whether to even continue with it. Though I doubt they can back track really

DAB is crap though, you'll never get the same sound quality as an analogue signal...it does give more space for stations, so govt can sell the frequency and make more money.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been having more frequent problems recently on my system. Overall it's been pretty solid running v27 but over the last two months I've had two crash and reboots while driving. Last night I put the car in reverse and the backup camera screen was just black then stayed that way while I was driving, the system stopped responding and finally rebooted. About a month ago the system just simply failed to turn on at all when I started the car and about 6 weeks ago it stopped playing my BT audio and rebooted itself while driving. These are sporadic issues, but enough that I'll certainly be asking for an update the next time I'm at the dealer and will let JC know as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For UK-based Mazda 3 owners I now have details of how to report issues with the Infotainment System.
You need to send an email to :
[email protected]
You must include:
1. Your name, contact number and car registration details.
2. Full and accurate details of the faults you are having. "constant resetting" does not help them. However "RDS display data only updates by enabling/disabling the TA option" is the sort of information they are looking for.
3. They also need details of any equipment attached to the system i.e. Phone type/connection, iPod, USB drive etc.

Each report is treated on a case by case basis. They will either contact you and suggest an update or pass the details on to the Technical team. It will depend on nature of the fault and details provided.

There should be an similar email address for other parts of the world, but this one only applies to UK owners.

I hope this helps.
Simon

·
Registered
70 Posts
I submitted my reproducible problems through that Mazda Connect site, namely:

1) that the system often reboots after switch from USB audio to Bluetooth audio
2) that it simply can't handle the 35 GB of music on my device, and any attempt to select and play songs via Infotainment is really buggy

I quickly got back what appears to be an automated e-mail, telling me to try a different supported device, and if that has the same problems, go to the dealer for servicing. In my view, though, the odds of this yielding a solution are slim to none. All these problems we're having seem to be software related, and I don't think it's too much to ask for that software to be able to play music off an iPhone 6.

Is there a better way of informing them of these bugs we're finding such that they'll actually take them seriously and not just say "go to the dealer"?

·
Registered
381 Posts
1 year 3 month and still having problems with mine. There is nothing I have not done listed on the forum. The love is gone next car is not going to be Mazda ):

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got my 2014 S Touring towards the end of December with Version 25, and have experienced some of the issues you noted - specifically:

3) System will not turn on at times (requires a re-start)
4) Blue screen
10) System struggles for the first 1 to 2 min after start up (as if the processor is struggling to keep up).
And all add to that (or maybe as an effect of the system not starting up), sometimes the A/D display doesn't fully raise, but at least Mazda has the speed on the tach as well for this model.

Looks like I'll be calling JC (or emailing them) in the near future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Infotainment System Completely Crashed - 4,300 Miles on Car

I just purchased a used 2014 Mazda 3 Grand Touring i edition at the end of March. The car only had 3,480 miles on it (the previous owners needed a bigger car for their family). After driving the car for a little over 1,000 miles (on my way back from a trip) the infotainment system completely went black. The only station that would play was the one I had been playing on Sirius XM. No matter what I did, nothing would work. So, finally I called Mazda USA noted my issue with them; logged in the reference; etc. I then called Sharrett Mazda in Hagerstown, MD. The earliest I could get in was 5 days from when I called (so lucky me, I was stuck on 1 radio station)...CD's, Bluetooth, nothing worked. They looked at the car last Friday (4-17) and after 2 hours, they had to call Mazda because they didn't know what the issue was. According to my service advisor, they had never seen this issue. After talking with Mazda, the entire CPU box in the back of the car needs to be replaced. But (lucky me I guess), they couldn't place an order until Monday...additionally, whatever they did, I lost the only music station I had. I have an appointment to get the box replaced on 4/29. This has been a most unpleasant experience dealing with Mazda completely. I am a 2 time, Mazda 3 car owner, since 2011, and I honestly feel like I was treated like the junk infotainment system that is in my car right now. They didn't seem like they cared in the least. I am now debating on getting rid of my Mazda's, which stinks, because I really like my '11 Mazda 3 (except for when the brakes are wet and I am backing up...it is a horrible screeching sound, but that is neither here nor there). Any suggestions are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just an FYI, I called the 800 # at the beginning of the thread and she didn't even want to take the time to log my complaint of my infotainment system not working...she wanted to switch me over immediately to Mazda USA. I explained I have already talked to them and I want to make my complaint known. The lady on the phone stated, well, what is it you want me to write then if you have already talked to Mazda? Dealing with Mazda is starting to get more and more frustrating!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd like confirm when people say the unit drops out is that a complete loss of sound from both speakers . Mine I'm losing the right channel only often whether its radio ,cd or iPhone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since I've had the Johnson Control unit replaced @ 6,100 miles, I've only listened to a 64 gb USB and CD's. No Nav, satellite radio, bluetooth or cell phone use at all. It now has 6,600 miles on it. Since then it's lost connection with the USB once (wouldn't even register that is was plugged into the vehicle), has reset itself about a half dozen times or more (maddeningly restarting at the beginning of the USB and stubbornly going back through everything is already went through on random ... over a hundred songs) and asked me to connect a phone even though one was not in the car twice. All on a brand new Johnson Control unit replaced under warranty 500 miles ago? Unacceptable.
I must admit, I love the car and it's driving experience but this infotainment system is the biggest piece of junk that I've ever had the misfortune to own. I hate it. I can't believe Mazda hasn't sorted this out yet let alone released it like this?!?! And to think I paid extra for it. I just have to keep reminding myself that it came along with a lot of other options so I didn't get completely screwed. I wish someone made a reliable aftermarket system for it or at the very least, Mazda figured out of to make it more stable. Or released it's real capabilities so I can lower my expectations.
These issues have stopped the wife and I from getting her a brand new 2016 Mazda Miata. We have down payment in hand but now we're only looking at Subaru BRZ's. I've owned NA and turbo-charged Subaru's in the past and I've never had half the grief owning those as I've had with this darn infotainment system.
Other then that, I really do love the interior, 2.5l engine, handling, steering, braking, automatic transmission with paddles and headlights on my Mazda 3 S GT. But the infotainment system is a complete hassle to live with in a car that I paid this much for and planned on driving for the next 10 years or so. Bottom line, someone needs to manufacture a simpler aftermarket radio for it that works (I'll be first in line) or Mazda really needs to stabilize this unit. This infotainment unit already lost them a 2016 Mazda Miata sale (my wife) and a 2015 Mazda 3 S GT sale (my buddy is looking at a new WRX now). Which is a shame because the car itself is an awesome ride.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since I've had the Johnson Control unit replaced @ 6,100 miles, I've only listened to a 64 gb USB and CD's. No Nav, satellite radio, bluetooth or cell phone use at all. It now has 6,600 miles on it. Since then it's lost connection with the USB once (wouldn't even register that is was plugged into the vehicle), has reset itself about a half dozen times or more (maddeningly restarting at the beginning of the USB and stubbornly going back through everything is already went through on random ... over a hundred songs) and asked me to connect a phone even though one was not in the car twice. All on a brand new Johnson Control unit replaced under warranty 500 miles ago? Unacceptable.
I must admit, I love the car and it's driving experience but this infotainment system is the biggest piece of junk that I've ever had the misfortune to own. I hate it. I can't believe Mazda hasn't sorted this out yet let alone released it like this?!?! And to think I paid extra for it. I just have to keep reminding myself that it came along with a lot of other options so I didn't get completely screwed. I wish someone made a reliable aftermarket system for it or at the very least, Mazda figured out of to make it more stable. Or released it's real capabilities so I can lower my expectations.
These issues have stopped the wife and I from getting her a brand new 2016 Mazda Miata. We have down payment in hand but now we're only looking at Subaru BRZ's. I've owned NA and turbo-charged Subaru's in the past and I've never had half the grief owning those as I've had with this darn infotainment system.
Other then that, I really do love the interior, 2.5l engine, handling, steering, braking, automatic transmission with paddles and headlights on my Mazda 3 S GT. But the infotainment system is a complete hassle to live with in a car that I paid this much for and planned on driving for the next 10 years or so. Bottom line, someone needs to manufacture a simpler aftermarket radio for it that works (I'll be first in line) or Mazda really needs to stabilize this unit. This infotainment unit already lost them a 2016 Mazda Miata sale (my wife) and a 2015 Mazda 3 S GT sale (my buddy is looking at a new WRX now). Which is a shame because the car itself is an awesome ride.
Some of the early Mazda 3 TAU's were faulty.

IF you have not seen Update for CMU V55 is now out in NA to fix many of the bugs that ALL car brands are grappling with.

And a 64 GB USB Drive is way too large for USB use, from what I was told 32 is the highest that should be used for music.

You are asking way too much for you processor to handle, why are you using such a large USB Drive/, why do you need one that can take 2,000,000+ songs?

The system is USB 2.0 NOT USB 3.0.

USB Flash Drive FORMATTED ONLY in FAT32

16GB USB 2.0 is the maximum for Mazda Dealer Firmware updates.

This is a car not a home entertainment system, or a laptop!

READ your owners handbook.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Maybe ask a question about sources of the modified program they used. I see nowhere where i can find these sources. Looks like a GPL violation.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts