2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
From the first post you can clearly tell this is a touch screen issue and not a CMU. As others had said, it only acts up when sitting still because that is the only time the Touch screen is allowed to talk to the CMU.

The question is can you fix the touch screen and chances are you can't unless you are lucky enough that some dirt or buildup inside is applying pressure. Most likely the real fix will be to replaced the touchscreen. The work around would be to see if you can permanently disable the touch screen (sort of like the hack but in reverse).

Personally I find that I never use the touch screen. Most of the time I need it is when I'm moving and since it doesn't work, I have learned to use the controls so much that when I'm sitting still, I forget I have a touch screen all together... (maybe the lack of use will make it last longer) Between the controls, steering wheel, and voice.... I find the touch screen is only really helpful when typing in an address for Nav.

Good luck...and don't let the crappy dealer talk you into replacing the $800 CMU.
Do you know how to disable the touch screen? I also never use it and just use the buttons.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
There are two options to disable the touch:
a) unplug a cable from the display to the CMU (described here somewhere in the forum)
b) disable the touch via software/a tweak, which can be installed via USB. If you can install tweaks via USB depends on your MZD firmware version (below 59.00.502 its possible from factory). See this link for the tweak: AIO - All-In-One tweaks

·
Registered
1 Posts
i dunno if it can help others but i fixed mine by cleaning the touch screen that had lots of fingerprints on it and it stopped and now its working very well.
Heck yes you helped. Darn shame that dealers don't use this as 1st step in trouble shooting. Oh yeah.........they make nothing that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up disconnecting the connector for the touch screen to disable it. Then I put some felt tape around the connector to keep it from rattling. In the process of doing this I discovered a tiny crack in the corner of the screen that likely caused the issue. I have not missed the touch screen at all and always use the buttons to control it. I plan on getting android auto installed and I know that the software doesn't allow use of the touch screen at all so I highly doubt I'll miss it then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up disconnecting the connector for the touch screen to disable it. Then I put some felt tape around the connector to keep it from rattling. In the process of doing this I discovered a tiny crack in the corner of the screen that likely caused the issue. I have not missed the touch screen at all and always use the buttons to control it. I plan on getting android auto installed and I know that the software doesn't allow use of the touch screen at all so I highly doubt I'll miss it then.
I have tryed to disconnect the battery and usb cable for ipod connected all the time as suggested on previous post, it seems to solved the problem, system is now stable again, ´cross fingers.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 3 Sport 2.0 Automatic
8 Posts
I made an appointment to the dealer to replace my screen with ghost touch issues under SSPB6 this Wednesday. I just bought my 2016 Mazda 3 Sport used and never received a letter from Mazda. The screen sometimes does not respond on touch, sometimes chooses commands by itself and most times works fine.

What was your experience when you replaced your screen under SSPB6? Should I expect any resistance from the dealer? Do I have pay for diagnostics? Do I need to go back again if they are not able to witness the touch screen issues this time?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are two options to disable the touch:
a) unplug a cable from the display to the CMU (described here somewhere in the forum)
b) disable the touch via software/a tweak, which can be installed via USB. If you can install tweaks via USB depends on your MZD firmware version (below 59.00.502 its possible from factory). See this link for the tweak: AIO - All-In-One tweaks
I tried using the software patch listed there but Im guessing since its from 2018 it hasnt been updated for newer firmwares? Im on 70.100 and when I try it, it says my firmware is not supported. I can run AIO tweaks no problem though. Any suggestions on how to get it to work? I sent trey an email but no reply yet.

241 - 247 of 247 Posts