2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, not sure of this has happened to anyone. Everytime i drive my car and stop the infotainement system starts jumping around the menus and selects different radio stations or options and i cant control it.

When i start driving again then i am able to select the radio stations. I tried doing a factory reset and it stops doing it but a day later the same problems happens again. Just want to know if there are any solutions that i can do before i take it to dealer.

Thanks!!
Yes I am experiencing the same thing. They extended the warranty for it. But becareful now they dont want to honor it. My suggestion never buy a mazda again. So many issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, not sure of this has happened to anyone. Everytime i drive my car and stop the infotainement system starts jumping around the menus and selects different radio stations or options and i cant control it.

When i start driving again then i am able to select the radio stations. I tried doing a factory reset and it stops doing it but a day later the same problems happens again. Just want to know if there are any solutions that i can do before i take it to dealer.

Thanks!!
Yes!! Mine makes calls or hangs up calls as well. Just when I put on the break. Did Mazda do anything for you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am still having the same problem. The reset and disconnecting the battery didnt help. Now i put the screen into the main menu screen with the 5 icons and havent had any issues. only issues is when i change the display then the screen starts going rogue.....I also out of the warranty period so I am trying to fix this myself. If anything, I will take in the car to the dealership on the winter break.....
Did you ever find out what was wrong with your screen? I know this was years ago....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - Just to join the "club" - Having a Mazda 3 (2015) - with exact same problem. Infocenter goes crazy (most critical when in telephone mode - it makes random calls! ) when speed get's lower than 5 km/hour. I think this is a issue related to the touch screen - but reset, cleaning or other actions I did, have not solve the issue. In the first dialog, the dealer didn't recognized the problem?

·
Registered
456 Posts
It's the touch screen. Just take it out and disconnect the ribbon cable.
Some countries have this as a warranty item. Yours might?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been dealing with this issue for the last couple years now. It goes away for months at a time, but seems to return after the temperatures drop. I'd love to be able to disable the touch controls completely so that I don't have to buy a replacement screen.
Hi Gauffrier
I have the same problem the reverse screen works when the weather is cooler I’m in Melbourne Australia so gets very hot in summer and around 16c in winter.
my Phone rings people randomly when driving soooo embarrassing, I have to pull my car over to shut down my phone.
I’ve been told that I have to pay $1000 for a new unit plus $250 for labour. Which I can’t afford I reckon Mazda should pay.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Gauffrier
I have the same problem the reverse screen works when the weather is cooler I’m in Melbourne Australia so gets very hot in summer and around 16c in winter.
my Phone rings people randomly when driving soooo embarrassing, I have to pull my car over to shut down my phone.
I’ve been told that I have to pay $1000 for a new unit plus $250 for labour. Which I can’t afford I reckon Mazda should pay.
It's a recall in the states, check with your regional Mazda corporate office. I had the issue before the recall and had to fight tooth and nail to get it covered under my CPO warranty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you guys search the forum you'll find 2 things. First, Mazda does cover it fully and even sent a letter out informing anyone that owns possibly affected cars that they do. Secondly, if for some reason your not covered, exempt etc... the fix is very simple. Follow the youtube video or instructions on the form to remove the entire infotainment screen, take it apart and disconnect the ribbon cable from the digitizer and stow it. You won't have the touch screen feature anymore but it will stop the ghosting completely, the unit will work without lag, and is absolutely free and can be done in an hour.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If your MZD Firmware (FW) is below 59.00.502 (or you did the ID7 / ID7v2 serial access at a later FW version) there is another option: Install the Tweak via USB (FAT32-formatted USB Stick), which disables the touch screen completely. See this post for more details & a downloadlink.

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
This is a repost so you don't have to search for it
There is an issue that effects a pretty significant number of people where the touchscreen is broken and just kind of goes crazy so I made this tweak for anyone effected by that issue
This will completely disable the touchscreen all the time: http://nots.mazdatweaks.win.
Running the same tweak again will re-enable the touchscreen if you are ready to get it fixed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can disable the touchscreen just by disconnecting the ribbon cable on the screen. You need to disassemble the dash but you don't need to fool with the software, which I'm generally afraid to do. YMMV.
There is also a TSB and extended warranty on the touchscreen. It still took three trips and five days for the dealer to figure it out. It would have been easier for me to disable it, and I never use it anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is a repost so you don't have to search for it
Oh boy. I feel stupid for not finding the original post but this sure does help. I'll try to test with AA later. maybe some of the stuttering will go away? We've only had our used mazda 3 since January. It didn't have any issues when we test drove it or for a couple of weeks in the cooler weather. As soon as it got warm and sun coming through the windshield warmed up the back of the screen, it would start jumping all over the place. The mazda dealer we bought from acted clueless about the warranty extension.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever find out what was wrong with your screen? I know this was years ago....
Hi - Just to join the "club" - Having a Mazda 3 (2015) - with exact same problem. Infocenter goes crazy (most critical when in telephone mode - it makes random calls! ) when speed get's lower than 5 km/hour. I think this is a issue related to the touch screen - but reset, cleaning or other actions I did, have not solve the issue. In the first dialog, the dealer didn't recognized the problem?
Conclusion from car repair shop is to replace the screen.( New screen = $ 115) - or find af refurbised.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Conclusion from car repair shop is to replace the screen.( New screen = $ 115) - or find af refurbised.
Hi - I found this - I'll try to fix the problem this weekend. To deactivate the touch (and that's fine, I don use it anyway)
("mazda ghost touch")

221 - 236 of 236 Posts