2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what happened here but out of no where the bottom of my screen started to show some pixel distortion? There’s not physical damage like scratches or cracks. It’s behind the screen. It started on the bottom left and then the bottom right came few days after. Anyone know what this might be and how to fix it?
Output device Netbook Communication Device Rectangle Gadget

Hood Output device Netbook Automotive lighting Communication Device

Sky Hood Output device Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1 Posts
The exact same thing happened to mine as well. We replaced the screen and about 5 months later it happened again.

Never really use the touch screen, so pressing on it doesn't seem to be a reason and it always seems to happen in the corners.

No impact damage, nothing apparent and the car is garaged at all times, so sun damage doesn't seem to be the problem either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The exact same thing happened to mine as well. We replaced the screen and about 5 months later it happened again.

Never really use the touch screen, so pressing on it doesn't seem to be a reason and it always seems to happen in the corners.

No impact damage, nothing apparent and the car is garaged at all times, so sun damage doesn't seem to be the problem either.
Well that sucks to hear. I’m talking to the dealership right now to see if it’s possible to replace it under warranty or something. I’ll keep y’all updated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a similar problem on our 2016 Mazda2 screen. Same system as our Mazda3s. It started about 4 years ago and has not gotten worse. If your car is still under warranty, talk to the dealer, otherwise, hopefully it will not get worse.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

It wouldn’t need impact damage if whatever smacked the screen in the middle (say an elbow) was padded. And if the screen is mounted in each corner, that would explain why the damage appears there.

or it’s a faulty part, but I’d expect there would have been a TSB by now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts