2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Mazda 3 2015 and it has some problems, the control knob doesn't allow me to select anything when pushing the control, the seller told me that it stopped working when he changed the battery. Anyone knows how to fix it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You probably need to open the control to take a look. Maybe some drinks spilled into it?
You can follow the instruction from
around 2:45 when he was opening the control.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If the problem occurred when the battery was changes, maybe the system didn't reboot properly. Disconnected the battery and see if it doesn't start up correctly.

There is also a diagnostic routine buried in the system. You should be able to figure out how to find it by a web search.

FWIW when my touchscreen went bad, the dealer told me that problems with the knob are not unknown.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'd also take a look for anything spilld in it. It should be obvious as it can be hard to clean between the buttons.

The good news here is that its pretty easy to fix. I spilled a bit of tea into mine...on multiple occasions. Pulled it apart and cleaned it out. Works like new.

Two recommendations: you can use a silicon lubricant on it safely. I've been using it for over a year now. Second, get some plastic trim tools. Not expensive and will prevent you damaging the interior trim trying to pull it apart with a screwdriver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts