2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
IMO software may reach 108Mhz but actual Tuner can't but wait until OP answer. There's a cheap solution but not great (weak and noisy) by adding an antenna frequency expander. Something like this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks craz,
Did you also update from JP to ADR?
If so, did you get the Navigation working after? (just worried the JP hardware is not handled by the ADR firmware). Also, is your DVD player still working?
I'm using v 56.00.220 JP M and planning to update to an ADR that would still allow me to use AIO in order to install AA.
Thanks for this,
Alex

·
Registered
36 Posts
No I haven't but I changed tuners from EU to ADR. Navigation should work with correct maps. DVD don't know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just upgraded my firmware to 59.00.502 4A N and my MZD is now in english (yay!). FM band is working fine and can now reach up to 108 MHz. For now I have not installed back the navi SD card since it contains Japan map. My question is, will my navigation work properly if I buy an SD card that is specific to my location?

I have a similar problem you had.

My firmware version - 56.00.220 JP M.
Please share the download link to the 59.00.502 4A N firmware.

BTW I am happy to learn that your upgrade was successful. I hope your infortainment system is still working fine months after the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I do not have any Navigation files.

Everything you do is on your own risk. I am not a Mazda employee and no official - also just a user like you. Just stick to the word to the FW update process for the dealers and verify your download with the hashes provided at the hi.drive.server and you should be fine. For lower versions like <56.00.100 EU and <55.00.560 NA I know that you should install 70.00.100 in between, before updating to a higher version, but that`s not of relevance for you, as your FW is higher (56.00.220 JP M). But there might be some other process for JPM FW, I do not know of. And yes, there is always the harm, that you brick your CMU (worth around 1000 USD), if you make a mistake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just upgraded my firmware to 59.00.502 4A N and my MZD is now in english (yay!). FM band is working fine and can now reach up to 108 MHz. For now I have not installed back the navi SD card since it contains Japan map. My question is, will my navigation work properly if I buy an SD card that is specific to my location?
Hey thanks for assuring us that it is possible to convert JPM firmware to ADR v59.

I also managed to upgrade my JPM v56 firmware to ADR v59. 😊

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey thanks for assuring us that it is possible to convert JPM firmware to ADR v59.

I also managed to upgrade my JPM v56 firmware to ADR v59. 😊
I however noticed that my instrument cluster is in Japanese. Is there a way to change it to English?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I do not think so. Have you searched here in the forum? I think I read about the same question not long ago. And even changing the region in the IC module did not change the JP instrument cluster language.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Tristan,

After updating CMU from JPM to ADR v59 I noticed that the radio frequencies are mismatched.

e.g FM 87.7 is now FM 99.2.

can this be fixed?

please advise.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
As in different regions are different FM frequencies live, this is standard when using different regions FW. And also the frequency range is based on the TAU module, as far as I know. So if you use a JP car in a non JP country, you should change the TAU module to one from your region to use all radio frequencies... this is discussed often here in the forum. Please search for it.

Example:
  • Using JP FW and JP TAU: No mismatch, but perhaps not all frequencies in your country can be used, if you are outside JP.
  • Mismatch of radio frequencies when using a JP TAU (Tuner & Amplifier Unit), but a mismatching FW (ADR/EU/NA). Still not all radio frequencies in your country outside JP might be recieved.
...or read the thread here where they tried to reprogram the frequency range.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts