2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just a noob question, I have bought an imported mazda 3 from Japan and came with an OS Ver. 59.00.448 JP M. I have been reading a lot on how to change the firmware to ADR version. Will it be safe just to directly convert it to 59.00.502A? or do I need to install the lower version of ADR OS first prior moving to version 59? Any tips will be greatly appreciated, specially if there would just be a tweak with how to change region without reinstalling the whole firmware. TIA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi just a noob question, I have bought an imported mazda 3 from Japan and came with an OS Ver. 59.00.448 JP M. I have been reading a lot on how to change the firmware to ADR version. Will it be safe just to directly convert it to 59.00.502A? or do I need to install the lower version of ADR OS first prior moving to version 59? Any tips will be greatly appreciated, specially if there would just be a tweak with how to change region without reinstalling the whole firmware. TIA.
Did you get any answer on this issue ?
Mines came with 59.00.445 JP M

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Guys, What I would suggest is to use the next consecutive update but in ADR. For example, you are running 59.00.445 JP M, in looking at the ADR firmware the version after that logically should be 59.00.502 so that should be your next update. Remember to be careful with these things and ensure you know what you are doing as it is very easy to brick your system. Follow the guidelines to the T and you will be fine. I updated mine which was JP as well and was successful.
Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I successfully upgraded 59.00.220 JP M to v59 ADR on a Jap import demio. No issues, just follow standard upgrade procedure (text will be in japanese when upgrading).

The radio bands are still not correct but I believe that is a hardware issue.

Now to figure out how to convert the instrument cluster to english.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Cluster / IC to english might be possible via OBD-Adapter and software ForScan. See this thread. Search for user SergSlim, have a look at his signature and the XLS in it. I think there in the IC tab is an option to change IC language.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cluster / IC to english might be possible via OBD-Adapter and software ForScan. See this thread. Search for user SergSlim, have a look at his signature and the XLS in it. I think there in the IC tab is an option to change IC language.
I try to change ic code region lang but not working! It's still show japanese language with error...Please show me :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
I successfully upgraded 59.00.220 JP M to v59 ADR on a Jap import demio. No issues, just follow standard upgrade procedure (text will be in japanese when upgrading).

I have the same firmware. May I know what version of ADR have you installed and where to download? Are you able to use the navigation after the upgrade? Is it only the radio bands that are having issues? TIA!

EDIT: I have 56.00.220 JP M, not V59

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Guys, What I would suggest is to use the next consecutive update but in ADR. For example, you are running 59.00.445 JP M, in looking at the ADR firmware the version after that logically should be 59.00.502 so that should be your next update. Remember to be careful with these things and ensure you know what you are doing as it is very easy to brick your system. Follow the guidelines to the T and you will be fine. I updated mine which was JP as well and was successful.
Good luck.
I currently have 56.00.220 JP M. What version of ADR should I install and where to download? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
to be honest I would like to buy an imported mazda too...
Hey, so I want it too :) Because as far as I know, most quality cars are from the origin country, as Toyota and Mazda. However, when I was in Europe, my family got me an idea about JDM videos that can deliver most of the cars without a scratch, and it is pretty cheap, since buying a car from Japan and ship it to Europe is pretty hard but this can help me to safe me money, which I am very happy about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you dont want to use AIO Android Auto Tweak or other Tweaks from www.mazdatweaks.com, then I would recommend to install the latest Firmware 70.00.335 (less bugs, faster boot time) for ADR directly. Downloadlink + PDF for update procedure. Stick to the word to it. Otherwise you can brick your MZD/CMU. All on your own risk.
Hi Tristan, thanks for the DL link. I appreciate it (y)

Sorry for a noob question. Why would I want to tweak my firmware? If I choose to go that route, what firmware would you recommend that I install? Should get the one from the "outdated firmware" folder?

·
Registered
825 Posts
No one needs AIO tweaks - the car runs without them. Its just for fun.

If you want to install tweaks, I would recommend (yes, from "outdated firmware folder"):
a) 70.00.100 ADR, if you do not want to install AIO Android Auto Tweak
or
b) 59.00.502 ADR (no newer firmware (FW 59) for ADR available), if you want to install AIO Android Auto Tweak, as this only works properly at FW 59, but not at any FW 70.
Other tweaks should run at FW 70.
The newer the FW, the less bugs it should have and FW 70 boots somehow faster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have so many attempts downloading the FW70 ADR to no avail. Firstly, download rate is pretty slow. Secondly, it either stops in the middle or close to finish, and you have start all over again. Is it just me, or anyone else experienced the same thing?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Just your connection, not the server. I just right now downloaded (completely) it with 10 Mbit/s:

...but to be fair. I live in the country where the server most probably is located. To your location (NZ) the data has to travel once around the globe... perhaps its not only your connection, but the island`s/country`s connection to the rest of the world.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hi, are you able to successfully convert the instrument cluster to english?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just upgraded my firmware to 59.00.502 4A N and my MZD is now in english (yay!). FM band is working fine and can now reach up to 108 MHz. For now I have not installed back the navi SD card since it contains Japan map. My question is, will my navigation work properly if I buy an SD card that is specific to my location?

·
Registered
825 Posts
It should, as the map data is only at the SD-Card. GPS-System in JP and NZ is the same... (only in Russia it might be GLONASS and not GPS).

·
Registered
9 Posts
It should, as the map data is only at the SD-Card. GPS-System in JP and NZ is the same... (only in Russia it might be GLONASS and not GPS).
Thanks so much Tristan! This is very helpful. I'll give an update to this thread once I got a new SD card for NZ.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts