2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Infotainment / command knob / screen

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  nairara 
#1 ·
I've read the long thread about this issue, but still have a couple of questions....

My 2014 BM system started having issues 6 months ago. Does random things when driving, which makes me think it's not the screen, but after I give the screen a very good clean, the problems lessen (but do continue and amplify with time).

Was going to do two things

1. Remove the command knob, take it apart, and clean and reassemble.

2. Take out screen and unplug the touch screen ribbon cable.

I'm running ver 70 software with the new AA/CP hub.

Any one have thoughts/comments?

Thanks

#2 ·
The first thing to do is to disconnect the ribbon cable on the touchscreen. That will disable the touch function but the command knob and everything else will work fine. It's easy and free, and if it works you can decide whether it;s worth replacing the touchscreen. If it doesn't work you have at least eliminated one trouble source. I don't think I have the skills to reassemble the command knob, and I don't want to pay someone to do it unless I am sure that's the problem.

#6 ·
If anyone is interested, I removed the touch screen ribbon cable and all ghost presses went away and the command knob is working perfectly. So the ghost presses occur whether stationary or moving, which is weird......

Have asked if Mazda Australia will help. Waiting on reply.

Cheers

:)

#9 ·
Thanks. I spoke to Mazda Aus and they said I have to pay my local dealer to 'diagnose' the problem (that I have already diagnosed) and then they MIGHT reimburse me that cost and might replace the screen.

Have you got any paperwork or anything that might help me make it more likely than a 'might' ?

#10 ·
Thanks. I spoke to Mazda Aus and they said I have to pay my local dealer to 'diagnose' the problem (that I have already diagnosed) and then they MIGHT reimburse me that cost and might replace the screen.

Have you got any paperwork or anything that might help me make it more likely than a 'might' ?

Mazda Aus told me the same. They cant guarantee replacement until the dealer diagnose and confirm the issue in which case there is no out of pocket expense for you. If the dealer cant confirm the issue, there is no charge for diagnosing - I confirmed this with the dealer before visiting them. Its then up to you whether to do the replacement or not.

Dont have the paperwork with me now. I suggest you talk to the dealer and make a booking with them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.