2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the CarPlay retrofit 1 week ago with the latest cmu firmware 70.00.352B. Everything went smooth and have had zero issues using. Today however when I plugged in my iPhone the screen went black. Now no matter what I do the screen stays black and wont turn on. Even restarting the car I dont see the Mazda logo or anything. Also no sound or music. I tried the 3 button reset of back + nav + mute and that has done nothing. I also notice my iPhone is not charging or showing its plugged in. Any thoughts or anyone else have this happen. I see lots of black screen issues online, not sure if they are the same case or if their iPhone shows its charging or not when plugged in.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
As you said - there are lots of possibilities already mentioned here in the forum - have you tried searching for them?

Here are some possibilities:
  • Unbrick tutorial by raoulh
  • Change your CMU - used or at the dealership
  • Try to do a factory reset being blind due to the black screen, like shown here at youtube.
  • Check all connectors at the back of the CMU again, if they are plugged in thightly.
  • Check your user manual for the location of the fuses Room and Audio - then check, if they are alright or broken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I checked all connections. My bad but it ended up being my fuse tap for my garmin dash cam. It some how came loose. Weird when that has been installed for so long and I just happen to upgrade this week to CarPlay and then that came loose. All good now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts