2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1061 - 1080 of 1083 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I hope this wasn't answered before. I have a 2016 Mazda 3. I hacked my info system a while back with AIO tweaks and some other replacement of skins. Checking the firmware it is currently on 55.00.XXX.

I am wanting to purchase and install the CarPlay unit into my car. As far as I understand I need to update my firmware to 70.00.100. I have a few questions.

1. Can I just update it it directly and not have to worry about the previous mods I made?
  2. From there would I just follow the youtube videos installing the new hardware?
  3. Lastly, could I reinstall AIO Tweaks on the new firmware with CarPlay?
Also, is there a good online vendor to purchase the CarPlay hardware from?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
1. Install ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO's topright corner first, then update to 70.00.100. Some tweaks will get deleted and have to be reinstalled after the firmware update.
2. Correct. Install firmware 70 first and hardware second.
3. Yes, if you do it this way. ... Other option would be to update to .335 or .352 and do the serial process ID7v2, but thats much more effort, than installing .100 like mentioned above.

Example webshop: www.mazdaswag.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Install ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO's topright corner first, then update to 70.00.100. Some tweaks will get deleted and have to be reinstalled after the firmware update.
3. Yes, if you do it this way. ... Other option would be to update to .335 or .352 and do the serial process ID7v2, but thats much more effort, than installing .100 like mentioned above.

Example webshop: www.mazdaswag.com
Tristan/All,

My wife's 2015 Mazda 3 is currently experiencing some issues with the infotainment system. I'm hoping to update the infotainment's software in hopes of resolving the issues. However, I've spent a bit of time cruising the forum and can't seem to figure out where to start.

2015 Mazda 3 without navigation, nor Apple Carplay/Android Auto
OS version is currently: 55.00.753 NA N
Music Database version is: 00.05.000
Fail-Safe version is: 55.00.753

Seems like your reply to mrdk may be applicable to me, am I right? However, I'm not looking to install hardware - just update existing software. Otherwise, any suggestions on a resource to dumb things down or an order of operations to install the appropriate tools to update using a thumb drive? Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If you want to install AIO tweaks, stick to No.1 of my reply to mrdk.

If you do not want to install AIO tweaks, you should update to 70.00.100 as well (recommendation of Mazda), before updating to the latest NA firmware 74.00.230.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I took my car to the dealership for service. My wife wanted to get me an early birthday present and have them install the kit for the official Android Auto UI. I have the Mazda AIO tweak version of Android Auto installed already. The dealership called and said the radio works but the screen is blank and unresponsive. Did this update brick my infotainment system? Are there any troubleshooting options that don't require the screen to be functioning? The best part is the dealership will charge me for the update whether it works or not and they have already thrown the "you need a new cmu for $1200" add on. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi all, I took my car to the dealership for service. My wife wanted to get me an early birthday present and have them install the kit for the official Android Auto UI. I have the Mazda AIO tweak version of Android Auto installed already. The dealership called and said the radio works but the screen is blank and unresponsive. Did this update brick my infotainment system? Are there any troubleshooting options that don't require the screen to be functioning? The best part is the dealership will charge me for the update whether it works or not and they have already thrown the "you need a new cmu for $1200" add on. Thanks in advance.
@gjhong01
Long story short your dealership has screwed up the upgrade whatever version it was before and after and either/now has bricked your cmu and now asking extra $ for their negligence. (You can unbrick it with additional hardware and know how, but its their fault, they should fix it or replace it).

What was your original fw version when you had the aio tweaks? Anyhow, tell them your cmu was working 100% before services and they have messed it up. Tell them to replace the cmu or you will take it further to senior management or Mazda HQ. The inexperienced mechanic has not followed proper upgrade procedure and Mazda AA/CP installation.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
@gjhong01 : You could try this, even if your screen is black:

Only other option what you could do (instead of the option to go to the dealer again) is mentioned here in the thread, but it is not that simple:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
@gjhong01 : It is important to know which version you had installed before and which version(s) the dealership installed. If you had a version below 56.00.100 (I guess it was this version), they should have installed 70.00.100 before updating to latest NA 74.00.230. If they did not do that, they did not follow the rules, which Mazda gave out to the dealerships (for a reason, as a direct update from lower versions to latest ones could brick the CMU) and then it is the dealerships fault and they have to get you a new CMU. Just another option, what could have happened. So just politely ask them which update(s) they performed.

If you had a higher firmware than 56.00.100 installed, they were allowed to directly update to the latest 74.00.230.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been having some issues with Apple CarPlay and wondering if anyone else is experiencing them.

First off, I’m using the latest firmware update. Bought this car (2018) used a couple months ago and had them install CarPlay as part of purchase deal.

When playing music from my phone, if I go to my library and then artists, sometimes it shows all the artists but most times it just shows a “recently played” selection of about 5 or 6. I have to manually use my phone to select who I want to listen to, which kind of defeats the purpose of using CarPlay in the first place. Same thing with playlists.

Also I’venoticed that it seems to take quite a while to “see” my phone and connect to it after I plug it in. Usually about 30 seconds or so. I know that sounds like something dumb to complain about but it’s actually really annoying.

Anyone else having these issues or know of a fix?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone, so I just updated to the latest EU firmware and tried to update my music database to the latest as well. However every time I try it just comes up with the message “No updates available”. I am using same isb flash drive I used for the firmware and have updated both firmware and music database before without any problems. Just now no matter what I do I can’t seem to get the music database update going. Current version is 00.09.000 and trying to put 1.1.1.02071.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
For the MZD I is 00.09.000 the latest Gracenote version. You try to update a Gracenote version for the MZD II, which will not work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well thats something I didn’t think about 😂😂. Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was on 56.00.513 EU, installed ID7 (also ran the dry run and it reported successful) then installed AIO, all worked fine. Then I updated to 70.00.100A, lost all AIO tweaks, now when I attempt to install AIO, the usb gets detected but the installer does not run. What did I do wrong? Is there anything I can do to resolve this (other than serial access)?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Most probably the initial installation of ID7 went wrong, but you will never know the reason.
You could try to rename the file at the usb stick "tweaks.sh" to "run.sh".
If that´s not working, your only option is doint the serial access.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Most probably the initial installation of ID7 went wrong, but you will never know the reason.
You could try to rename the file at the usb stick "tweaks.sh" to "run.sh".
If that´s not working, your only option is doint the serial access.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow morning and will let you know the result.

One other question if you don't mind, if I end up doing the serial connection should I just update to the latest firmware 70.00.367A or stick to .100?

·
Registered
30 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 Renaming to run.sh did not work out, but I went ahead and did the serial connection and I was able to re-install AIO tweaks on 70.00.100. However Android Auto is showing me a black screen when I connect my mobile (via usb). Any ideas how can I fix that? Should I use the Tru_go version? Thanks a lot.\

edit: I have a Pixel 4 running Android 11.

edit2: I've read around the forum and found posts by you (Tristan) and RadarWild and it seems that AA does not work on any 70.* firmware without the new mazda hub/cables?

So I'm thinking I should downgrade from 70.00.100 to 59.00.545 but I can't find it.

1061 - 1080 of 1083 Posts