2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1041 - 1060 of 1083 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Milpool possibly faulty usb stick. Did you use windows pc to formatted the usb to fat32? Else try a different usb thumbdrive. Make sure nothing is inserted in the other usb port(s) and navi_sdcard removed. Re-insert navi_sdcard after fw update.
Yep, definitely fat32, nothing else plugged in, navi sd removed. I see recommendations saying USB2.0 about 16GB or so, would it be a problem using devices that are faster/have larger capacity? I have heaps of USB 3.0 64GB drives, but not much in the 2.0 16GB range lol. When I try to run the update it just says nothing found.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yep, definitely fat32, nothing else plugged in, navi sd removed. I see recommendations saying USB2.0 about 16GB or so, would it be a problem using devices that are faster/have larger capacity? I have heaps of USB 3.0 64GB drives, but not much in the 2.0 16GB range lol. When I try to run the update it just says nothing found.
@Milpool
Yeah any of those usb3.0 64gb are fine as well. I've been using usb3.0 64gb (fat32 formatted) usb for a long time with fw upgrade/downgrade and never have any issues. Just make sure you follow the instructions else prepare for a bricked cmu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Milpool
Yeah any of those usb3.0 64gb are fine as well. I've been using usb3.0 64gb (fat32 formatted) usb for a long time with fw upgrade/downgrade and never have any issues. Just make sure you follow the instructions else prepare for a bricked cmu.
So turns out it was the USB. I've finally had time to try again and I used a 16GB USB 3.0 device as fat32. Upgraded to 56.00.513c without a hitch. Installed id7, installed some tweaks and AA. Everything is working great at this time.

Thanks again for the help. Everything went through perfectly, but it was an issue with the USB drive previously. At a rough guess, I'd say FW update took about 30-35 mins, based on the reminders I set to put my foot on the brake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys,

I've managed to unbrick my CMU by resetting the chip on it through my computer and a little usb programmer. In doing so, I upgraded OS version 59.00.441A, and I've since used AIO Tweaks to get android auto setup.

It works almost completely flawlessly, saved for not being able to see the volume when I turn it up or down (is there a fix for this?)

My real question for you guys, I know it is recommended to upgrade to install the ID7 tweek and then update to OS version 59.00.502A before installing Android Auto, but is there really any difference between my version (.441) and .502A? Also, I know that the ID7 tweak lets you get Android Auto through AIO all the way up to version 70.00.100A, but again is there any real benefit from upgrading from my .441 to this version (70.00.100A)?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should just stick with what I've got, or if it is worth it to go through the process of updated my OS version. I'm not knowledgeable at all in what the differences between each of the OS versions is.

Another question, what's the difference between the version of Android Auto that you get when you install through AIO Tweaks versus the version you get when you install through user Radarwild's Tru_go version of Android Auto? Is it worth it to switch to that version?

Thanks for much for all the help and awesome comments in this whole forum everyone. You guys are incredibly helpful and saved me from having to spends $100's on a new CMU and being stuck with just the Mazda OS system!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey guys,

I've managed to unbrick my CMU by resetting the chip on it through my computer and a little usb programmer. In doing so, I upgraded OS version 59.00.441A, and I've since used AIO Tweaks to get android auto setup.

It works almost completely flawlessly, saved for not being able to see the volume when I turn it up or down (is there a fix for this?)
no, thats how it is unfortunately.
My real question for you guys, I know it is recommended to upgrade to install the ID7 tweek and then update to OS version 59.00.502A before installing Android Auto, but is there really any difference between my version (.441) and .502A? Also, I know that the ID7 tweak lets you get Android Auto through AIO all the way up to version 70.00.100A, but again is there any real benefit from upgrading from my .441 to this version (70.00.100A)?
install id7 upgrade to fw59.00.545 and install AA Tru_go_v1.15 have the benefits of compatible with all Android devices v6+ includes street information on HUD module, and fast bootup time exactly as fw70. Usb data hub not required. If your car do not have HUD module than stay with current fw, but i would suggest/recommend to upgrade to fw59.00.545 for fast boot up/standby bootup once doors opened or car unlocked. Install AA v1.15, v1.14 for fw lower than fw59.00.545 only.
I'm just trying to figure out if I should just stick with what I've got, or if it is worth it to go through the process of updated my OS version. I'm not knowledgeable at all in what the differences between each of the OS versions is.
its worth it. More bugs fixed. But do not upgrade to fw70 unless you're going to install official mazda AA hub & new cables, otherwise fw59.00.545 is the ultra best fw without official mazda AA diskspace take up and can utilize the old usb hub but it also has refined codes from fw70 of fast bootup.
Another question, what's the difference between the version of Android Auto that you get when you install through AIO Tweaks versus the version you get when you install through user Radarwild's Tru_go version of Android Auto? Is it worth it to switch to that version?
alot of bugs fixed, HuD turn-by-turn, short cut buttons, Bluetooth audio fixed, audio stuttering fixed, Google assistance fixed, waze, wireless mode..etc
Thanks for much for all the help and awesome comments in this whole forum everyone. You guys are incredibly helpful and saved me from having to spends $100's on a new CMU and being stuck with just the Mazda OS system!
Regards,
Radarwild

·
Registered
14 Posts
no, thats how it is unfortunately.
install id7 upgrade to fw59.00.545 have the benefits of compatible with all Android devices includes street information on HUD module, and fast boot up time extactly to fw70. Usb data hub not required. If your car do not have HUD module than stay with current fw, but i would suggest/recommended to upgrade to fw59.00.545 for fast boot up/standby bootup.
Wow thank you so much for the super quick reply!

In terms of decision making, I will be upgrading my device to 59.00.545 because it definitely sounds like it is worth it. My Mazda 3 2015 does not have a Heads Up Display, but the other benefits are definitely worth taking the time to upgrade.

My question: I currently have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra and it is on Android Version 11 & One UI Version 3.1. I do not have a HUD or a USB data hub. Which version of AA Tru_go should I install, V1.14 or V1.15?

Also, as someone that is currently on Mazda OS V59.00.441 and has currently installed the tweaks "No More Disclaimer", "Reverse Camera Safety Warning", and "Android Auto Headunit App", what would the correct process be for me to update my Mazda OS version to V59.00.545A and install the Tru_go Android Auto (whichever version of 1.14 or 1.15 makes more sense for my situation)?

Thank you again!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow thank you so much for the super quick reply!

In terms of decision making, I will be upgrading my device to 59.00.545 because it definitely sounds like it is worth it. My Mazda 3 2015 does not have a Heads Up Display, but the other benefits are definitely worth taking the time to upgrade.

My question: I currently have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra and it is on Android Version 11 & One UI Version 3.1. I do not have a HUD or a USB data hub. Which version of AA Tru_go should I install, V1.14 or V1.15?

Also, as someone that is currently on Mazda OS V59.00.441 and has currently installed the tweaks "No More Disclaimer", "Reverse Camera Safety Warning", and "Android Auto Headunit App", what would the correct process be for me to update my Mazda OS version to V59.00.545A and install the Tru_go Android Auto (whichever version of 1.14 or 1.15 makes more sense for my situation)?

Thank you again!!
@spoofy
1. Install id7 2x (if you haven't done it) to be sure on fw59.00.441
2. Upgrade to fw59.00.545 --->>>HiDrive .
3. Install "no more disclaimer" tweak.
4. Install AA Tru_go V1.15 FW59.00.545-FW70.00.xx-Fw70.00.352 .Test AA Tru_go v1.15 if all running successfully on fw59.00.545 & Android version 6-10+ with an usb data cable.
5. Install other tweaks.
6. Report back your results and Enjoy! Or buy me a beer.

Regards,
Radarwild

·
Registered
14 Posts
@spoofy
4. Install AA Tru_go V1.15 FW59.00.545-FW70.00.xx-Fw70.00.352 .Test AA Tru_go v1.15 if all running successfully on fw59.00.545 & Android version 6-10+ with an usb data cable.
5. Install other tweaks.

Regards,
Radarwild
I attempted to follow these directions today and I have run into an issue with the software.

I did step 1, I even did the "dryrun" and got a message back saying that the recovery had been successfully installed. I also did step 2 and it was succesful and the CMU shows 59.00.545A as the current failsafe version as well as OS version. However now when I try to do step 3, my USB (which I used to install ID7 just fine, run the dryrun just fine, and do the full OS upgrade just fine) is not running the tweaks after I connect it to my vehicle. I get the pop up that says it is registered and connected, but nothing after that. I have waiting upwards of 5 mins multiple times. I'm sure I did nothing wrong when installing the ID7 so it is definitely a software issue.

What are my options from here? Is downgrading to my old .441 version my best option?

Really wish I had just stuck with what I had and not followed these instructions... had a feeling something would go wrong. Everything was working fine and yet I still followed the directions ugh.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I attempted to follow these directions today and I have run into an issue with the software.

I did step 1, I even did the "dryrun" and got a message back saying that the recovery had been successfully installed. I also did step 2 and it was succesful and the CMU shows 59.00.545A as the current failsafe version as well as OS version. However now when I try to do step 3, my USB (which I used to install ID7 just fine, run the dryrun just fine, and do the full OS upgrade just fine) is not running the tweaks after I connect it to my vehicle. I get the pop up that says it is registered and connected, but nothing after that. I have waiting upwards of 5 mins multiple times. I'm sure I did nothing wrong when installing the ID7 so it is definitely a software issue.

What are my options from here? Is downgrading to my old .441 version my best option?

Really wish I had just stuck with what I had and not followed these instructions... had a feeling something would go wrong. Everything was working fine and yet I still followed the directions ugh.
@spoofy thats why i mentioned step 1 to do it twice id7 to be absolutely sure. Your only option now is doing serial access. Your vhichle Mazda 3? Shouldn't be that hard to remove trim/dashboard etc less than 10mins job & hook up usb ttl run codes from a laptop. Follow instructions here ---->>> Serial Connection good luck.

You can not rollback/downgrade to previous fw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@spoofy thats why i mentioned step 1 to do it twice id7 to be absolutely sure. Your only option now is doing serial access. Your vhichle Mazda 3? Shouldn't be that hard to remove trim/dashboard etc less than 10mins job & hook up usb ttl run codes from a laptop. Follow instructions here ---->>> Serial Connection good luck.

You can not rollback/downgrade to previous fw.
Success! I managed to gain serial access today and I fixed my issue with ID7. I installed Tru_go AA v1.15B as well and it works very well other than some glitches with the voice assistant which even my 2018 Civic with built in AA has problems with.

Thank you very much for all the support and troubleshooting :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
@spoofy
5. Install other tweaks.

Regards,
Radarwild
Hi, i'm French (sorry for my poor English) and I recently bought a 2016 Mazda 3 (BM).

Firmware of MZD connect is 56.00.513 EU N, I have a HUD and I want to use AA.

I read a lot on this forum but I want to be sure.
I think I should do Radarwild steps and have some questions for it.

In step 1, should I remove all tweaks before install id7 ? Which version choose id7 via mzd aio or id7 v2 ?

In step 2, why are there 2 files (failsafe and reinstall)? Which one use? Should I exactly follow the "Mazda firmware cmu update procedure" to do it?

Thank you for reply.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
ID7 process is for firmware 59.00.502 - 70.00.100 (two file firmware)
ID7v2 process is for firmware 70.00.335 and 70.00.352 (one file firmware)

If you shuold install 2 files in an update procedure instructions, depends on the firmware you want to install (see above). If you choose a 2 file firmware update, you should install both files. Anyway stick to the "Mazda firmware cmu update procedure".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question. Just bought a 2018 over the weekend, now all of a sudden, the radio dials don't work, and I can't get the radio to play any music. There has been no food or drinks in the vehicle so I know nothing spilled, I tried a reset but doesn't work because the buttons aren't responsive to anything. Just last night it was working fine. Any ideas??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I know my question will be one that has been ask a thousand times and all I want is a point in the right direction. I am the owner of a 2018 Mazda 3 Grand Touring purchased in the United States. This version was the Mexico made version. My current OS version is 59.00.504. I need to update the firmware in order to install the Apple Carplay and Android kit I purchase, is there a particular place to get all that I need to do this? Again forgive my ignorance in asking.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I know my question will be one that has been ask a thousand times and all I want is a point in the right direction. I am the owner of a 2018 Mazda 3 Grand Touring purchased in the United States. This version was the Mexico made version. My current OS version is 59.00.504. I need to update the firmware in order to install the Apple Carplay and Android kit I purchase, is there a particular place to get all that I need to do this? Again forgive my ignorance in asking.
@Chey2748 first you must upgrade your current fw to fw70. I would recommend fw70.00.100A with the current usb hub from link below by following fw installation instructions from the pdf file.

Once successfully upgraded you can installed your mzd AA/Carplay + cable hardware, AA/Carplay will appear in mzd applications. Check youtube videos to see how to install the hardware.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you all for your suggestion and the point in the right direction. I live in the Bahamas and we have no Mazda dealerships here. So I am left with doing this myself and not screw it up.

1041 - 1060 of 1083 Posts