2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1083 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would anyone be able to give me a step by step guide of how to turn on my bluetooth?

I recently bricked my CMU and I'm waiting for parts to come in before I can attempt to fix it with the Raouhl method

I would love to atleast be able to control the music from my phone in the interim

By step by step guide all I mean is the same type of little guide as what we have for doing factory resets when the screen is black "press home, turn the commander knob 2 times right, etc"

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Guide - taken from my EU firmware (NA might be different/hopefully not):
  1. Press Home/House-Button 1x (near/above the commander knob) just to be sure to start at the home screen.
  2. Rotate the commander knob 2x to the right and then press it 1x. (then you are in the settings menu)
  3. Push (not rotate) the commander knob 5x to the right (then you are in the tab devices) and then press it 1x (then you are in the BT menu).
  4. Press the commander knob 1x to activate/deactivate Bluetooth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. I am new at this forum. I live in Peru (South America) and I own a 2016 Mazda 3 2.5 Grand Touring. I would like to know if I can update the Mazda Connect System firmware directly from currently installed version 56.00.513 to the latest 70.00.100 version or if I should update to V59 version prior updating to V70 . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No need for v59 in between. You can update to 70.00.100 directly. But .100 is not the latest. Latest is 70.00.367.
Thank you for the help. But I made a mistake. My current OS version is 51.00.351 not 56.00.513, would it still be OK to update directly?
Also, I was looking for the 100 version since I read that for 367 you need a serial cable and its a bit more complex to update. Since I will be doing this for the first time, I would like to keep it as simple as possible to avoid turning my CMU into a brick.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If you have 51.00.351 Mazda recommends you to update to 70.00.100 first, before updating to a higher version. Serial access is not necessary, if you want to do the firmware update only. Also not for 70.00.367.

But if you want to keep the ability to install AIO tweaks via USB, then you should not update further than 70.00.100. As any higher firwmare update requires the serial access to enable it for the installation of tweaks via USB (.335 and .352. FW .367 is not possible so far).

So, I guess that you want to install AIO Tweaks via USB from www.mazdatweaks.com. Then install the ID7/Autorun-Tweak from AIO`s top right corner, update to .100 and install your desired tweaks via USB.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thank you for the help. But I made a mistake. My current OS version is 51.00.351 not 56.00.513, would it still be OK to update directly?
Also, I was looking for the 100 version since I read that for 367 you need a serial cable and its a bit more complex to update. Since I will be doing this for the first time, I would like to keep it as simple as possible to avoid turning my CMU into a brick.

Thanks for the help!
@rapanive best and simpliest solution is install id7v1 recovery package on your current FW 51.00.351 from Mazda AIO v2.8.6 first. Making sure it 100% working. Then upgrade to fw70.00.100 to install your tweaks. AA v1.15 tweak will required usb data hub on all fw70 see link for more information AA Tru_go V1.15 FW59.00.545-FW70.00.xx-Fw70.00.352

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have 51.00.351 Mazda recommends you to update to 70.00.100 first, before updating to a higher version. Serial access is not necessary, if you want to do the firmware update only. Also not for 70.00.367.

But if you want to keep the ability to install AIO tweaks via USB, then you should not update further than 70.00.100. As any higher firwmare update requires the serial access to enable it for the installation of tweaks via USB (.335 and .352. FW .367 is not possible so far).

So, I guess that you want to install AIO Tweaks via USB from www.mazdatweaks.com. Then install the ID7/Autorun-Tweak from AIO`s top right corner, update to .100 and install your desired tweaks via USB.
Thank you so much for all your help!
Greetings from PERU!

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I am thinking of adding a front parking camera to my BN Mazda. I have read some articles, found a controller that could do the switching automatically, but I want to have a bit fun with it and explore if it is at all possible to do it my very primitive way :)

I want to buy a cheap Chinese camera with cinch connector and connect it to the CMU via splicing the DVD signal cable (wiring diagram https://www.mazda3revolution.com/attachments/mazda-3-radio-pinout-2-jpg.167930/)

I learned on the forums that it is a simple analog signal, so in theory.. it should work, shouldn't it?
One thing I am not too sure about is that I have EU car and there is no DVD option in the entertainment section. So if there is a video signal coming to the CMU will the system display the DVD option or do I need to change the locale of the infotainment system? If so, are there any issues that might arise from such change?

·
Registered
8 Posts
@rapanive best and simpliest solution is install id7v1 recovery package on your current FW 51.00.351 from Mazda AIO v2.8.6 first. Making sure it 100% working. Then upgrade to fw70.00.100 to install your tweaks. AA v1.15 tweak will required usb data hub on all fw70 see link for more information AA Tru_go V1.15 FW59.00.545-FW70.00.xx-Fw70.00.352
Hi, I've recently purchased a 2015 Mazda 3 also running FW 51.00.351 in Australia. Is it best to follow these instructions as well to install tweaks, access AA, etc?

Cheers!

EDIT: Assuming I didn't choose to install AA, is there any reason why I couldn't just remain on my current FW with tweaks installed?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi, I've recently purchased a 2015 Mazda 3 also running FW 51.00.351 in Australia. Is it best to follow these instructions as well to install tweaks, access AA, etc?

Cheers!
@Milpool yes if your android device is running version 9 best compatibility for FW70 and AA v1.15. if it's Android V10+, have IDV7 recovery installed as stated and absolutely critical that it is applied. Once confirmed update your FW to FW59.00.502 (best for Any Android version) and install AA v1.14. Report back your results.

Regards,
Radarwild

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Milpool yes if your android device is running version 9 best compatibility for FW70 and AA v1.15. if it's Android V10+, have IDV7 recovery installed as stated and absolutely critical that it is applied. Once confirmed update your FW to FW59.00.502 (best for Any Android version) and install AA v1.14. Report back your results.

Regards,
Radarwild
Thanks for that. Currently running Android 11. So I'll install IDV7 recovery, then update to FW59.00.502 or go straight to FW70? Sorry for the questions, extremely tired and running on no sleep. Will start this process over the next couple days.
Cheers

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks for that. Currently running Android 11. So I'll install IDV7 recovery, then update to FW59.00.502 or go straight to FW70? Sorry for the questions, extremely tired and running on no sleep. Will start this process over the next couple days.
Cheers
@Milpool
If your on Android 11 do not upgrade your car fw to fw70 as it'll less likely to work with AA v1.15 or not working at all.

Just install id7 on your current fw. Once done, upgrade to fw59.00.502 and install AA v1.14. Please report your results back here whether works or not, very important data and helpful for people with same stats/device/fw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Milpool
If your on Android 11 do not upgrade your car fw to fw70 as it'll less likely to work with AA v1.15 or not working at all.

Just install id7 on your current fw. Once done, upgrade to fw59.00.502 and install AA v1.14. Please report your results back here whether works or not, very important data and helpful for people with same stats/device/fw.
Easy, will do. I'll reply back once all sorted. Thanks heaps for the help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Should I be installing ID7 recovery from MZD-AIO via the Autorun & Recovery section? Every time I try to setup ID7 that way I receive the following:

START!
Tweak Files Location: C:\Users\Milpool\Desktop\_copy_to_usb
Delete old _copy_to_usb folder...
Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\Users\Milpool\Desktop\_copy_to_usb\dataRetrieval_config.txt'
ERROR COPYING AUTORUN FILES

Finished!

I've tried running standard and as admin. I also don't get the above dataRetrieval_config.txt either. I have the files as shown in the attached image. (removed as issue resolved)

EDIT: It seems rolling back a few version of MZD AIO fixed the issue for me.

EDIT 2: Everything copied correctly but nothing happened upon connecting the USB. Do I need to install the tweaks at the same time/before installing the recovery? I only ask because of this line:

WHICH FW VERSIONS ARE SUPPORTED?:
ALL FW V55, V56, V58, V59 & V70 ARE SUPPORTED

Only use with Firmware >= v55. DO NOT USE with V30/31/33 OR THE SYSTEM WILL BOOTLOOP AT MAZDA BOOT LOGO!!!!!

What does that mean for mine as it's running 51.00.351? Cheers

·
Registered
342 Posts
Should I be installing ID7 recovery from MZD-AIO via the Autorun & Recovery section? Every time I try to setup ID7 that way I receive the following:

START!
Tweak Files Location: C:\Users\Milpool\Desktop\_copy_to_usb
Delete old _copy_to_usb folder...
Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\Users\Milpool\Desktop\_copy_to_usb\dataRetrieval_config.txt'
ERROR COPYING AUTORUN FILES

Finished!

I've tried running standard and as admin. I also don't get the above dataRetrieval_config.txt either. I have the files as shown in the attached image. (removed as issue resolved)

EDIT: It seems rolling back a few version of MZD AIO fixed the issue for me.

EDIT 2: Everything copied correctly but nothing happened upon connecting the USB. Do I need to install the tweaks at the same time/before installing the recovery? I only ask because of this line:

WHICH FW VERSIONS ARE SUPPORTED?:
ALL FW V55, V56, V58, V59 & V70 ARE SUPPORTED

Only use with Firmware >= v55. DO NOT USE with V30/31/33 OR THE SYSTEM WILL BOOTLOOP AT MAZDA BOOT LOGO!!!!!

What does that mean for mine as it's running 51.00.351? Cheers
@Milpool your fw is too low. Try to update to fw56.00.513c (download the fail safe and installation files) follow the instructions in the pdf file..whatever you do during the fw update do not switch on engine and/or reboot cmu. If u do your cmu headunit will be bricked!! Fw download link --->>> HiDrive again read all the instructions carefully to the word 1st and then once u understand the instructions, then do the upgrade. Make sure your car battery can withstand 40-50mins of power on usages, else go for a 5mins drive 1st and then commence the fw upgrade.

After successfully upgraded to fw56.00.513c install id7 again to be sure its code are definitely encoded from using the working mazda aio u used early. Install AA tweaks v1.14 afterwards. Report back. Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Milpool your fw is too low. Try to update to fw56.00.513c (download the fail safe and installation files) follow the instructions in the pdf file..whatever you do during the fw update do not switch on engine and/or reboot cmu. If u do your cmu headunit will be bricked!! Fw download link --->>> HiDrive again read all the instructions carefully to the word 1st and then once u understand the instructions, then do the upgrade.

After successfully upgraded to fw56.00.513c install id7 again to be sure its code are definitely encoded from using the working mazda aio u used early. Install AA tweaks v1.14 afterwards. Report back. Cheers!
Thanks for confirming, I assumed that was it. I'll check it out tomorrow during the day. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Milpool your fw is too low. Try to update to fw56.00.513c (download the fail safe and installation files) follow the instructions in the pdf file..whatever you do during the fw update do not switch on engine and/or reboot cmu. If u do your cmu headunit will be bricked!! Fw download link --->>> HiDrive again read all the instructions carefully to the word 1st and then once u understand the instructions, then do the upgrade. Make sure your car battery can withstand 40-50mins of power on usages, else go for a 5mins drive 1st and then commence the fw upgrade.

Thanks again for all the help. It's not recognising the update files on my USB drive 2.0 8GB. I've used the checksum utility to ensure they're all good, which they appear to be. Would the most likely culprit be the USB drive? I've followed every step exactly as described.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks again for all the help. It's not recognising the update files on my USB drive 2.0 8GB. I've used the checksum utility to ensure they're all good, which they appear to be. Would the most likely culprit be the USB drive? I've followed every step exactly as described.
@Milpool possibly faulty usb stick. Did you use windows pc to formatted the usb to fat32? Else try a different usb thumbdrive. Make sure nothing is inserted in the other usb port(s) and navi_sdcard removed. Re-insert navi_sdcard after fw update.

1021 - 1040 of 1083 Posts