2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1001 - 1007 of 1007 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I just tried it myself. Its not possible to use the number pad with the commander knob. BUT by rotating the commander knob, all the possible numbers appear after another and can be selected. For 99, you can easily rotate the knob by 1 step to the left. Then 99 is selected (software update). Then press the commander knob two times. Then its searching for new firmware at the USB stick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I have got a big problem. I'm very unlucky when I would like to update my navigation SD card I took out from the car and dropped it somewhere in the car. I tried to search it for a days with no luck. So I talked to service and I could only buy a one sd card thats cost 400€. Who can I solve this issue? Is it good if I buy a new card from amazon?

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
164 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I have got a big problem. I'm very unlucky when I would like to update my navigation SD card I took out from the car and dropped it somewhere in the car. I tried to search it for a days with no luck. So I talked to service and I could only buy a one sd card thats cost 400€. Who can I solve this issue? Is it good if I buy a new card from amazon?
Did you backup your SD card or registered in the Toolbox?

·
Registered
301 Posts
'Good Morning All,

As I am new on here, I would like to briefly introduce myself, from West Sydney NSW Australia and trying to assist my partner to update her "2014 Mazda 3 SP25 GT Sedan Skyactiv" Infotainment system firmware and gracenote music software. After following ASH8's first instructions to download any updates, I received a "403 forbidden error" .... however I was able to note the firmware version update is V27. Is this the current version for the 2014 Mazda 3 Connect system, if not could someone please tell me where to find the updated links or provide the links here.

Many Thanks,
Jeff
HiDrive

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just thought I'll document my journey in upgrading here if others have the same issue and how I resolved it.

I have a Mazda 3 (2014) in Perth, Australia and had a v56 entertainment unit. (dealer upgraded it from V31). It kept giving bluetooth audio problems - it pairs to my iPhone XS but playing audio doesnt work 80% of the time. No issues to my iPhone 6 or Pixel 2. I figure I needed to do a firmware upgrade.

Off I went following the instructions for a V70 upgrade, however I made the mistake of turning the engine off after installing fail safe!! CMU was totally bricked.

My choices were:
Mazda was quoting A$2300 for a new CMU.
I can get an aftermarket one for A$1250 installed. (Only 1 unit would fit as it's an L shape model). I don't think the center console controls (the knob near the gear) would work with this? Over here in Western Australia, it is illegal to touch the touchscreen while driving, so this knob and the steering wheel controls are the only way to change a song/radio station, etc.

So I went to the wreckers (junkyard?) and got a 2016 Mazda 2 CMU for $165.
I followed the instructions here:
and it was basically plug and play.

I see many questions about the SD Card - I did not change it. Navigation works.

Upgraded the firmware (without any mistakes) and it went well. Bluetooth to iPhone XS now works well.
Very happy and saved over $2000!!

I'm happy to help anyone else who have this problem to save you $2000.

Question:
My navigation maps are quite old and Mazda wants $300 to update it. Would an Apple Carplay upgrade ($500) means that I don't need this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
'Good Morning All,

As I am new on here, I would like to briefly introduce myself, from West Sydney NSW Australia and trying to assist my partner to update her "2014 Mazda 3 SP25 GT Sedan Skyactiv" Infotainment system firmware and gracenote music software. After following ASH8's first instructions to download any updates, I received a "403 forbidden error" .... however I was able to note the firmware version update is V27. Is this the current version for the 2014 Mazda 3 Connect system, if not could someone please tell me where to find the updated links or provide the links here.

Many Thanks,
Jeff
V70 is the latest. Be aware - you need to upgrade multiple times - you cannot go directly to V70.

1001 - 1007 of 1007 Posts