2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

981 - 997 of 997 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
As safe/unsafe as any other firmware update you are performing by yourself. Less stress, when dealer does it. If you want to install tweaks from AIO via usb after update, install ID7 tweak from AIO before the firmware update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
'Good Morning All,

As I am new on here, I would like to briefly introduce myself, from West Sydney NSW Australia and trying to assist my partner to update her "2014 Mazda 3 SP25 GT Sedan Skyactiv" Infotainment system firmware and gracenote music software. After following ASH8's first instructions to download any updates, I received a "403 forbidden error" .... however I was able to note the firmware version update is V27. Is this the current version for the 2014 Mazda 3 Connect system, if not could someone please tell me where to find the updated links or provide the links here.

Many Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mazda cx-5 KF Android Auto

Hello people,
someone knows for YouTube, goes about MZD android auto after installation ???
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
A new member here, i'am trying to update my 2015 Mazda 3 infotainment system, but is currently has a V52.. which I've found out that my infotainment system isn't capable of using Mazda aio tweaks. can someone help me out. what should i do. please....thanks cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ADR Firmware Update

Hello, can somebody help me where can I download ADR HU Firmware update (Failsafe and Reinstall). My Current version is V51, i want to upgrade to V56. Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A new member here, i'am trying to update my 2015 Mazda 3 infotainment system, but is currently has a V52.. which I've found out that my infotainment system isn't capable of using Mazda aio tweaks. can someone help me out. what should i do. please....thanks cheers!
Did you mean V59.00.502? If so, the details on what you'll need to do are here: https://mazdatweaks.com/serial/

If you actually meant V52, then you'll just need to do a firmware update to V55, V56, or V58 (but NOT V59.00.502 or higher) to be able to use MZD-AIO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello, can somebody help me where can I download ADR HU Firmware update (Failsafe and Reinstall). My Current version is V51, i want to upgrade to V56. Thank you.
The instructions and link are here: https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/180578-mazda-mzd-connect-firmware-downloads-updated.html#post1859114

If you just need the link, here's the pertinent information from that post:

3... LATEST DEALER FIRMWARE:
CHANGELOGs are rarely provided by Mazda for Dealers/Owners.

3.2 FIRMWARE: Australian Design Rules: or (4A):**
ADR 4A – Used For Australia + New Zealand + Central/South America + South Africa + Thailand + Philippines + Taiwan + Vietnam + Malaysia + Oceania.

ADR 56.00.513C Failsafe :6,850 KB
https://goo.gl/8IW4eM

ADR 56.00.513C Reinstall :1,853,075 KB
https://goo.gl/L59rpf

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't seem to find the thread i used to go to for all info?

I'm looking to install the official AA and I'm currently on V31. Can anyone tell me what increments I need to install in to get to V70? From what I recall, I can't upgrade that far directly.

Thanks!

Edit: Additional question. My firmware is the MAZ version. Can I use the NA update? There is no MAZ version available.

·
Registered
288 Posts
if your version is higher than or equal to 31 00 100 you can upgrade to a version 70 00 100 or higher to install official AA. However if you want to have official AA and keep the possibility of installing tweaks, I recommend that you install a version like 56 00 230 then install the "ID7" tweak then go to 70 00 100.
You live in Canada so is NA version. MAZ is for" Mazda", so all version are MAZ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a 2015 UK Mazda 3. my system is currently running V33 firmware and I want to upgrade it to something newer. the only link I can find that works on the net is a version 70. I was looking for 59.00.502 but all links I find on here do not work, I get a 403 error.

does anyone have links to the V59 or tell me if V70 is suitable to use? I did read somewhere that it is aimed at the new units and not the MZD so I am little confused

Much Appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, new to this forum! Got the 2015 Mazda3 S GT. Started to read posts of what great features it has, common issues/gripes, and options to choose from. Hope this is the right thread regarding AIO and AA/CP integration.

I want to have AIO Tweaks and Android Auto / Car Play (AA/CP) unit installed in my car. I bought the CP2102 USB to Serial converter, jumper cables, AA/CP cables/hub kit, and tools to remove/install the equipment. Hopefully I downloaded correctly the AIO tweaks and 70.00.335C firmware (FW). Currently my FW info is OS Version 55.00.650 NA N, Music Database Version 00.05.000, Fail-Safe Version is 55.00.650. My goal is to do AIO tweak, update FW 70.00.335C, install AA/CP kit, and update AIO tweak with ID7 Recovery v2. I will be using iPhone for CarPlay.

From the posts, my current FW needs to unlock and access CMU to help install the AIO tweaks. So I connect USB-Serial connector to CMU, see almost constant red light. When I use Putty (finding the COM, use 115200 baud), I see constant red light on serial converter, but no activity on Putty. Press return/typing several times will show only one very faint LED blue/purple light on converter. Reading posts to troubleshoot, I came across from one of the posts is to do a quick serial converter test: touch TX/RX wires together to see echo. I only see very faint two purple lights when typing but still no activity on Putty. The serial converter pins are bent and look used even though I bought from Amazon as new. I just bought another USB to Serial converter.

I did a search to troubleshoot my issues. I do have remaining questions that I can’t find in the forum:

When touching TX/RX wires together and then type to produce echo, will it show activity on Putty? What type of messages? Or seeing faint purple/blue lights means USB to Serial converter is working?

I purchased Elegoo EL-CP004 jumper wires. Are the pins long enough to insert into the TX/RX section of the CMU power connector? Or use long bare wire instead?

I am waiting for another USB to Serial converter (and hopefully not used or defective!). Meanwhile, can I update the firmware from 55 to 70 first and then install AA/CP kit? Once, I get the USB to Serial converter working, can I install AIO tweaks later for the first time or will the latest FW and CMU will lock it out?

When updating FW from 55.00650 to 70.00.335C, do I need to do a serial connection during the FW update to maintain root access? Or the serial connection is for AIO Tweak update (with ID7 Recovery V2) when after updating 70.00.335C? Got little confused.

Sorry for long post and many questions!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I do not have an answer to all your questions, but to some:

Meanwhile, can I update the firmware from 55 to 70 first and then install AA/CP kit? Once, I get the USB to Serial converter working, can I install AIO tweaks later for the first time or will the latest FW and CMU will lock it out?
Yes, you can install FW 70.00.335 first and then install the AA/CP kit/hardware. If you afterwards want to install AIO Tweaks, you have to do the ID7v2 serial access, which means that you have to install .335 over the already installed .335 and to the ID7v2 serial access directly after the update. I did it the same way. So yes, the latest .335 disables the ability to install tweaks, if you do not do the ID7v2 serial access at the FW update.

When updating FW from 55.00650 to 70.00.335C, do I need to do a serial connection during the FW update to maintain root access?
No.

Or the serial connection is for AIO Tweak update (with ID7 Recovery V2) when after updating 70.00.335C? Got little confused.
Yes, but only directly after the update - while the update process is running.

Again:
If you do the FW update without the ID7v2 serial access, you can not install AIO tweaks after the update. But you can whenever you want do the firmware update to .335 again (over the existing .335) and then do the ID7v2 directly at the end of the update and afterwards you can install tweaks via UB again.

Hope this helps a little?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Tristan for quick response! Will try to install FW 70.00.335 and AA/CP hardware kit first then. I think I understand now. So when I have do .335 update again and ID7v2 serial access once, then installing AIO tweaks can be done by USB from there on (no more serial access).

Now I need to confirm if I have a bad Serial converter.

981 - 997 of 997 Posts