2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

961 - 980 of 989 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey,
I'm new to this forum and new to owning a Mazda as well.
I recently bought a barely used Mazda 6 (2017) with FW version 59.00.331 N
Is there any good reason to update to the latest Version, except from loosing access to the CMU? (I know about the "Autorun & Recovery)
Plus I read somewhere that an FW update takes quite some time, so would you recommend plugin in the Car Battery to a charger?

Cheers

·
Registered
538 Posts
The Mazda instructions indicate the battery should be on a charger, but that obviously is a CYA excess safety net. The process does not consume much battery power, so you should be fine, keeping in mind you do not necessarily know the history of your battery since you just bought a used car. I have no way of knowing if a Mazda tech does it each and every time, but would venture to say they don't most of the time.

In regards to whether you should update, that comes down to a couple of things....Do you have a noticeable problem? My car came with 330 NA and I don't think I did before I updated to 504 NA. I did have an issue with the navigation looping at startup on 3-4 occasions and I don't have that issue any longer. It varies on the functions you are using. It was also suppose to fix some connection problems. Others have said they noticed the system a bit quicker. I personally updated to 540NA a few days ago and am having a bit of an issue with an AIO tweak, but even that may now be working itself out....not sure yet as I'm still testing.

Just keep in mind that if you take your car into a dealership, some would update automatically and others won't update unless you mention you have an issue even if you request the update. You have to decide but it's good that you know to install recovery first.

When updating the firmware, have the printed instructions with you, read thru first very thoroughly and even highlight each key step and it really is a non event, just don't take it for granted or take your eye off the ball. Stay in your car, listen to your ipod and tap your brake in between each song. If your screen goes black for any reason, you want to know at what stage that occurred as in most cases that is only part of the process, but for whatever reason it does not recover, if you are out of the car you will not know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2014 Mazda 3 fastback and the screen / radio turns off after a couple of minutes of driving.

I've did the reset by holding NAV - MUTE - BACK buttons but this doesn't always work and sometimes only works for a couple of minutes then goes off again and only works again if I turn car off and back on.

I bought the car last year and didn't have a problem until last few weeks.

OS Version is 56.00.513 EU N

Can anyone help with this? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have updated to EU firmware, but living in a Asian country . Can I use south asian map in the system now without changing the firmware.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
My CMU just started boot looping the other day. I haven't made any changes to it in over a year, and the tweaks I do have applied are relatively simple - pause on mute, shorter nag screen delay, and no warning overlay on the reverse camera. I think I'm on v56.something if it matters, but it's been a while.

So, two questions:

Does anyone have theories on how it happened?

What are my options for recovery? I've been out of the loop for awhile, but am slowly catching up. I was never able to get Wifi working on my system, due to the shielding/weak antenna. I tried a USB stick with a tweaks file that just disables the watchdog process, but it doesn't seem to even get far enough to run that. I've seen the instructions for soldering a serial connector, and that's within my abilities, but I'd rather not do any hardware changes if I can help it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My 2014 Mazda 3 also just started the dreaded re booting cycle. I have an appointment this morning with the dealership to hopefully update the system and correct the problem. I never installed any tweaks, this is a stock unit. I also called and researched a couple dealers for a replacement CMU only to find out our CMU's are obsolete and supposedly no replacement. Now what, are we supposed to junk the car? Crazy crap. I will let you know what the dealer says and if they can fix it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just came back from the dealership. They could not update the system because it keeps rebooting. They said they will order a new CMU. The ETA for the new CMU is mid June. Don't know where they are getting it from or the part number. But they said they can get it. Talked to the owner and she said this will not cost me anything. She contacted the service department and told them to charge it under warranty. Really appreciated that. Maybe because I purchased 14 Mazda's from her since 1999.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My android phone connects to amdroid phone when the car connects (one push to start) but when the car is running it does not connect

Enviado desde mi G3123 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guys, long time since I last came here.
I'm currently 56.00.513 EU N firmware and was trying to find out what's the newest version one can install on a 2015 Mazda 2. From a fast check on the audio and electronics tab I came to realize that old CMUs are outdated and can only go so far when it comes to FW versions. Just couldn't understand "how far" can I go on mine.
Thank you all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
From a fast check on the audio and electronics tab I came to realize that old CMUs are outdated and can only go so far when it comes to FW versions. Just couldn't understand "how far" can I go on mine.
Thank you all.
I don't believe that is true unless something has changed very recently. All CMU versions should be able to be updated to the newest (I'm not sure exactly what that is offhand 59+ anyway.) Make sure to visit the sticky about 59.502 before upgrading to or past that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, i have a Mazda 3 bought here in Cyprus from the official Mazda dealer.

Does anyone know which firmware is the correct for Cyprus for update to version 59.00.443?

Are the EU files found on the link below the correct ones?

https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/EU_N

·
Registered
3 Posts

Does anyone know which firmware is the correct for Cyprus for update to version 59.00.443?

·
Registered
396 Posts

You can look at the system display languages available in your system and by that find out which version is installed now.
Each region EU, ADR, NA, JP - have their own set of languages.

·
Your mom goes to college.
71 Posts
On a slightly older build so I can run AIO tweaks. However, I always get bluetooth skipping the first few seconds after connection with my phone. I'm in a loaner 2018 CX-3 this week and it does NOT have the skipping issue. The overall interface is a bit faster too.

Are there hardware differences between my 2016 3 and the 2018 CX-3 that explains this? Or is the latest version of Infotainment just smoother and better optimized?

·
Registered
619 Posts
On a slightly older build so I can run AIO tweaks. However, I always get bluetooth skipping the first few seconds after connection with my phone. I'm in a loaner 2018 CX-3 this week and it does NOT have the skipping issue. The overall interface is a bit faster too.

Are there hardware differences between my 2016 3 and the 2018 CX-3 that explains this? Or is the latest version of Infotainment just smoother and better optimized?
Latest version (59.00.545) of Infotainment is just smoother and better optimized. Especially the boot time is better. I own a 2016 CX-5 and recognized the faster bootime and so on after the update.

·
Your mom goes to college.
71 Posts
Latest version (59.00.545) of Infotainment is just smoother and better optimized. Especially the boot time is better. I own a 2016 CX-5 and recognized the faster bootime and so on after the update.
Thanks. I don't really want to lose my tweaks, but the faster interface and connection in this CX-3 is really enjoyable... Hmmm pros and cons, pros and cons :laugh2:

961 - 980 of 989 Posts