2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

941 - 960 of 989 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ever since installing all my HD2 stations are flickering like the signal isn't 100%.. this includes the station artwork flickering as well. Never did it before and the wife's CX5 does not have any issues. Any ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey guys,
im new to the forum, can someone tell me how can i able to read the thread "Create a NAV SD Card" because i dont have the sdcard on my new mazda.
thanks
I can't see this tread too :(
Why it is forbidden to read? What I need to see this tread?

Where can I find information eg. how I should prepare SD Card for Navi?
or what NNG_tool I should use to get proper jci-linux_imx6_volans-release for 56.00.230A?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Probably a long shot but I'll give it a try. I sometimes get buzzing on FM only.

1. It can happen while the engine is running or not
2. It doesn't happen on any other source other than FM
3. When it's buzzing, it will be the same on ALL FM stations.
4. Sometimes if I turn the engine off and turn it back on after a few mins it's gone.
5. It happens may be 15% of the time
6. The buzzing volume/pitch doesn't change unless I adjust the volume
7. Can't say it's interference because it happens in my driveway sometimes and often not.

Mystery...
is it something like in below videos?
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gAKiXLlC0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHIM3Wlqvf0
Does it happen only during cold weather?
Did you install any aftermarket items in the car (i.e. interior LEDs, camera,....)?
I have same issue, and dealer has no idea what could it be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the double post, I can't find a delete button for one of them.

Also figured out my problem. Do not name the drive when you're formatting it. I named mine Mazdaupdate and the car couldn't read that. After I had formatted and tried for the third time and didn't bother putting in a name, the car was able to read the usb drive.
I am in Canada and bought 2014 Mazda 3 and it came with old version. Can you please let me know where to download files for update. Will appreciate

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am in Canada and bought 2014 Mazda 3 and it came with old version. Can you please let me know where to download files for update. Will appreciate
Which version of firmware do you have in your car's CMU?

if your version lower than 51.00.350, you first need to upgrade to 51.00.350 and then you will be possible to upgrade your CMU firmware to higher version like V56 or V59..

Cheer!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Which version of firmware do you have in your car's CMU?

if your version lower than 51.00.350, you first need to upgrade to 51.00.350 and then you will be possible to upgrade your CMU firmware to higher version like V56 or V59..

Cheer!
No, if lower than 31 00 100 he need to update to 31 00 100 and after he can update to any version.

only 51+ ar tweakable (or 55+ dont remember!!!:crying2:)

the link for FW : https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware

·
Registered
2 Posts
SD Card Content

Hi,

I tried to search for this on this forum, but I can't find the search button. Here it is :

I have a Mazda 3 GT 2017 and purchased the navigation option. I wanted to upgrade to firmware but Windows wanted to repair the SD card and I accepted it. Finally, it was my SD card reader who was defective and the repair corrupted the file allocated table. Now, the "content" and "license" folders are files.

I have been able to recover the files with "Hirma's boot CD", but I lost the file structure and the folders name.

I need that someone would execute the following command from a Windows command prompt to dump the SD card structure and send it back. It will only list the folder and file names and the structure. I suppose it will be useful for others too (if we would be able to search)...

The command is : "tree [SD card letter]: /f > c:\SD.txt" without the quotes. Replace [SD card letter] with the letter corresponding to the SD card.

The produced file will be named "SD.txt" and will be at the root of the C drive.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SD Card Content

Hi,

I tried to search for this on this forum, but I can't find the search button. I only found the "Custom search" field, but it doesn't search on the forum.

I have a Mazda 3 GT 2017 and purchased the navigation option. I wanted to upgrade to firmware but Windows wanted to repair the SD card and I accepted it. Finally, it was my SD card reader who was defective and the repair corrupted the file allocated table. Now, the "content" and "license" folders are files.

I have been able to recover the files with "Hirma's boot CD", but I lost the file structure and the folders name.

I need that someone would execute the following command from a Windows command prompt to dump the SD card structure and send it back. It will only list the folder and file names and the structure. I suppose it will be useful for others too (if we would be able to search)...

The command is : "tree [SD card letter]: /f > c:\SD.txt" without the quotes. Replace [SD card letter] with the letter corresponding to the SD card.

The produced file will be named "SD.txt" and will be at the root of the C drive.

Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
is it something like in below videos?
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gAKiXLlC0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHIM3Wlqvf0
Does it happen only during cold weather?
Did you install any aftermarket items in the car (i.e. interior LEDs, camera,....)?
I have same issue, and dealer has no idea what could it be.

Sorry just saw this. Nothing aftermarket and yup exact same noise but in my case it happens in any weather. It actually got worst in summer but still intermittent. I think I've narrowed it down to the Shark Fin antenna as touching it while it's buzzing/whining reduces and sometimes even eliminates the noise. I've literally just removed, dismantled, cleaned and reinstalled the antenna a few mins ago and hoping for a miracle. Failing that I will replace it and see how it goes. I could be wrong but I have a feeling it's something to do with the electronics in the antenna. There's 2 boards in there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry just saw this. Nothing aftermarket and yup exact same noise but in my case it happens in any weather. It actually got worst in summer but still intermittent. I think I've narrowed it down to the Shark Fin antenna as touching it while it's buzzing/whining reduces and sometimes even eliminates the noise. I've literally just removed, dismantled, cleaned and reinstalled the antenna a few mins ago and hoping for a miracle. Failing that I will replace it and see how it goes. I could be wrong but I have a feeling it's something to do with the electronics in the antenna. There's 2 boards in there.
could be issue with antenna as i was reading online.

however, in my case looks like issue was due to interior LEDs (ebay) i installed.
I've removed all LEDs i had, 2 weeks ago, and since then no issue with buzzing. hope it remains like that :laugh2:.

·
Registered
44 Posts
could be issue with antenna as i was reading online.

however, in my case looks like issue was due to interior LEDs (ebay) i installed.
I've removed all LEDs i had, 2 weeks ago, and since then no issue with buzzing. hope it remains like that :laugh2:.
Just out of interest, you said the dealer had no idea. What exactly did they do to determine what was causing it? Did they change the antenna? test anything else? or did they just look at it and said they didn't know what it was?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just out of interest, you said the dealer had no idea. What exactly did they do to determine what was causing it? Did they change the antenna? test anything else? or did they just look at it and said they didn't know what it was?
They tried to reset the system, played with the settings (like Alternative frequency, GPS update,...) but that didn't do the trick.
then they wanted to try with other CMU, although i told them that it could be antenna or TAU...
before changing CMU, they discovered i have non OEM reverse camera, and they claimed this was the reason for issues with FM reception and that warranty is not applicable anymore.
thing is that problems started before camera was installed.

after few visits i understood they have no idea what they are doing or what they need to do.
So i decided to remove LEDs and see what happens.
as said, looks like in my case LEDs were causing interference with the FM radio.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea as you said no real troubleshooting! Mine seems good now too. Went for a 5hr drive with no issues. Perhaps it was a loose connection somewhere that removing and dismantling the antenna fixed it. Fingers crossed that's the end of it. Fortunately for me i was able to undo the nut by hand as sticking a spanner in there without creasing the roof liner would have been a challenge

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am having trouble updating my firmware: "No New Update Packages Available"
I searched for answers, but can't find it discussed either in this forum or anywhere on the web.

I am pretty fluent with firmware and flashing but am struggling at step 1. Here is the description.

I bought a used 2014 mazda sGT (USA). The OS version is 25.00.400 and music database version 00.00.013.
Then I used windows to copy cmu140_NA_31.00.100A_failsafe.up and cmu140_NA_31.00.100A_reinstall.up to a freshly formatted (FAT32) 4GB USB 2.0
I also double checked that there are no more files on the USB disk and verified the hashes.

I then went to the car, switched on the debug menu, keyed in 99 and asked it to search for updates.
It always replies with "No New Update Packages Available".

It seems I am missing something quite basic.
Any help would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there any mean to enable the touchscreen while the vehicle is moving? It would be very helpful for the passenger to operate the navigation.

941 - 960 of 989 Posts